Saving parts from a scrapped FAC airgun?

Dasher

50 minutes ago, Dasher said:

I was wandering what parts of an FAC registered PCP air gun could be retained without restriction when it is scrapped? I would hazard a guess that the stock is obvious, but what parts of an FAC gun makes it FAC?

I would think the hammer, driven by a stronger spring or a means of winding the spring up releasing a greater volume of air.

What parts can you keep? I would think again, any part without a serial number on it.

Edited by old'un

Thanks for the input. Basically I haven't used my FAC airgun for years since I got a 22lr. I'm not saying an FAC air gun doesn't have it's uses over a 22lr but not on my land whilst I own a sub 12ft/lb.

Its an older PCP model being an RWS Excalibre (with a shot count of about 35 at 28.5ft/lb), looking at other older FAC airgun prices it doesn't seem like its worth much other than in spares  hence my original question.

It would cost more in time and effort getting rid of it than it does keeping it on your ticket. Keep it and use it for squirrel bashing or if you ever get asked feral pigeons around the farm. Places you can safely use the FAC Air where you couldnt use the 22lr.