Prostate

Neverforget

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

2.65 @ 66 years πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ‘

Sounds good. When I was diagnosed in Jan 22 at 75 my PSA was 2,293. By this summer just gone it was 0.8 thanks to the hormone treatment but I still have cancer and they tell me I always will. The cancer will also become resistant to the hormone treatment at 18-24 months and I'm in that zone now.

Next blood test is this Friday.

15 minutes ago, Westward said:

Sounds good. When I was diagnosed in Jan 22 at 75 my PSA was 2,293. By this summer just gone it was 0.8 thanks to the hormone treatment but I still have cancer and they tell me I always will. The cancer will also become resistant to the hormone treatment at 18-24 months and I'm in that zone now.

Next blood test is this Friday.

I will keep my fingers crossed 🀞 for a good result for you πŸ‘πŸ‘

2 hours ago, johnphilip said:

Good to here.Β  Keep getting it checkedΒ 

Thanks πŸ‘ŒΒ 

• 3 months later...
10 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

I have just started with really dry itchy eyes anyone else get this when taking Tamsulosin?

I take Combodart which is a mix of Tamsulosin and Dutasteride. I get an itch in my left eye, but have always had this long before I took the medication. The medication has made it worse if anything.

Edited by steve_b_wales

29 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

I take Combodart which is a mix of Tamsulosin and Dutasteride. I get an itch in my left eye, but have always had this long before I took the medication. The medication has made it worse if anything.

Yes it does make you wonder if its the "drying up" processΒ πŸ€”

Edited by harrycatcat1

48 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Yes it does make you wonder if its the "drying up" processΒ πŸ€”

When do you take it . I take mine on an eveningΒ  around 7 ishΒ 

My doctor said may help you not getting up throughΒ  the night, it helps meΒ  .

Speak to your doctor.Β 

1 hour ago, johnphilip said:

When do you take it . I take mine on an eveningΒ  around 7 ishΒ 

My doctor said may help you not getting up throughΒ  the night, it helps meΒ  .

Speak to your doctor.Β 

I take mine about 09.00 most mornings, I can mainly sleep through till 06.00 tbh I like the "effects" of the pill during the day when I'm out and about. It's the itchy dry eyes that are peeing me off.

Tamsulosin did nothing for me and I'm currently recovering from a combined TURP/Urolift operation done privately on Saturday.

Saturday night was uncomfortable due to being connected to various tubes including a catheter.

When they told me I'd have a catheter in overnight I wasn't too worried thinking it would be a narrow thingy made out of soft latex.Β  Nope, think 8mm diameter stiff plastic tube...Β  I was glad to see the back of that even if having it removed was "interesting".

Pain wise I'm doing fine, they sent me home with Paracetamol and Codeine but I haven't even bothered with the Paracetamol let alone the Codeine.Β  My stomach is feeling a bit rough, probably due to the antibiotic they have me on but I finish with that tomorrow.

No indication of cancer fortunately - my PSA tested out at 2.56 (at age 64)
I must admit the fear of them finding cancer put me off getting looked at for far too long - don't do that, it's irrational.

1 hour ago, serrac said:

Tamsulosin did nothing for me and I'm currently recovering from a combined TURP/Urolift operation done privately on Saturday.

Saturday night was uncomfortable due to being connected to various tubes including a catheter.

When they told me I'd have a catheter in overnight I wasn't too worried thinking it would be a narrow thingy made out of soft latex.Β  Nope, think 8mm diameter stiff plastic tube...Β  I was glad to see the back of that even if having it removed was "interesting".

Pain wise I'm doing fine, they sent me home with Paracetamol and Codeine but I haven't even bothered with the Paracetamol let alone the Codeine.Β  My stomach is feeling a bit rough, probably due to the antibiotic they have me on but I finish with that tomorrow.

No indication of cancer fortunately - my PSA tested out at 2.56 (at age 64)
I must admit the fear of them finding cancer put me off getting looked at for far too long - don't do that, it's irrational.

I had to Google the procedure that you had as I didn't know. I wish you all the best and a swift recovery. Let us know how you get on πŸ‘πŸ‘