Fuel injectors advice PLEASE

marsh man

Now the shooting season is over I am now on the lookout for a replacement for my diesel Honda CR-V , yesterday while looking around for a few Pigeons I started to get exhaust fumes in the motor , at first I thought it was because I was going slow and had the heater on , or the exhaust was blowing , so this morning I popped over fast fit and the very helpful bloke took the engine cover off and said the injector was at fault , either the injector or the seal want replacing asap , fair enough , but as I am going to move it on , possibly part exchange it I would like it sorted as cheap as possible .

My question is    . Is it alright in just replacing the faulty one ?

Can the faulty one be reconditioned ?

And what would be the cheapest way out .

MANY THANKS for your advice . 

16 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Evening Simon ..... From the engine ( the injector base ) , only been to Yarmouth today and the fumes have nearly turned me drink  

just get the garage to put a new seal in....should be a soft copper washer.....your injector should be fine

• 1 month later...

I'd try get them done asap as the blow past fumes cause a horrible black oily carbon than can seriously cause the injector to be a mega hard job to remove .

Cut the seat clean make sure all carbon deposits removed from injector fit new copper washer and if its held in with a bolt and bracket renew the bolt

25 minutes ago, hodge911 said:

I'd try get them done asap as the blow past fumes cause a horrible black oily carbon than can seriously cause the injector to be a mega hard job to remove .

Cut the seat clean make sure all carbon deposits removed from injector fit new copper washer and if its held in with a bolt and bracket renew the bolt

THANKS for your advice , took it to the chap who do my motor and at first he thought it was just the seal that needed replacing , when he removed the injector he found it had a small hole in it , he put it back with a new seal and it was 99% better , I then got a used one off Ebay ( £25.00 ) and he then replaced the old one , touch wood I have had no more fumes and it now run a good un     MM