Teague Choke Damage

Raymondinio

1 hour ago, Westward said:

I recently bought a pair of Teague titanium flush chokes. I use a tiny amount of Schmierfix grease (from Alan Rhone) and nip them tight with a taper key. Mine don't come loose during a 100 bird round.

I'm with Wylye on this one. They will treat you fairly.

I use the same grease and have never had a choke come loose when shooting.  

12 hours ago, Westley said:

I can ASSURE you that I no longer have any chokes that come loose by themselves.  I do not remove them every time I clean the gun, they get removed every fifth or sixth outing. I have been cleaning multi choked guns since my first Winchoke gun in the late 60', early 70's. I even had a Teague/Drew multi choked Miroku 3750 in the 70's. NONE of those chokes ever came loose either. Before anyone suggests it, I do not use a 3' bar to tighten them with, just a beretta plastic choke key.

Just a thought. I wonder if Teagues need a more frequent tightening because of the tapered key. That is, it’s not likely to tighten the chokes to the same degree as one which has teeth fitting in to choke inlets - e.g the standard factory Berreta or Browning set up. I think the only reason I don’t notice the difference is because I’m in the habit of frequent tightening…..?There you are - my two penneth for what it’s worth. Enough thinking for one evening……🙂

1 hour ago, Fellside said:

Just a thought. I wonder if Teagues need a more frequent tightening because of the tapered key. That is, it’s not likely to tighten the chokes to the same degree as one which has teeth fitting in to choke inlets - e.g the standard factory Berreta or Browning set up. I think the only reason I don’t notice the difference is because I’m in the habit of frequent tightening…..?There you are - my two penneth for what it’s worth. Enough thinking for one evening……🙂

Quite possibly, but I don't recall ever having a problem with a Miroku that was Teagued, but that was just after Teague and Drew were still partners.