Training with the dogs

Dougy

After having nearly 12 months off training due to an injury and the season over now, we have started to introduce a bit of training, simple retrieves to start. 

One thing we had lost was the delivery of game from the water before dropping and the shaking, similar to us eating a jam doughnut without licking your lips. 

Its doable but needs some thinking about, anyway we're getting there eventually.

I cant take any credit for the photo's they are taken by a local chap building his portfolio. 

Buster_copy_1024x684.jpg

_0000950_copy_1024x683.jpg

Harley wet.jpg

B&W .jpg

Edited by Dougy

2 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

Some lovely photos and good to see you are back at it. The trick to stopping the shaking is to start in the waters edge yourself so you can take the dummy the moment the dog is on its feet and upper body is out. You then gradually move further back. 

Yes. This is what we did, Buster would sit dripping until I took the bird. 9x out of 10 he would not shake until the command (shaking hand) its only through lack of training that he's forgot. He'll be back on it again I'm sure.