RAV4. Auto.

Morkin

I know this has been asked before on the RAV4 , but a little different as it's got to be auto and petrol, I was looking at a 2007-08 year has anybody got any advice on the petrol auto s , or I did look at the honda CRV petrol auto, any advice please but it's got to be auto please.

Thankyou all๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ‘

I have 2 Suzuki Vitaras all gripย  ( 4x4 ) and they are auto. One is 1.6 and the other 1.4 boosterjet. I got rid of my L200 for them and i dont regret it. Have a look at them you wont be disappointed.ย ย ๐Ÿ‘ย ย Meant to say they are both petrol.

Edited by billytheghillie

2 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Buy a Subaru.

Thanks weihrauch๐Ÿ‘I do like Subaru, had a mv pick once fantastic tool, but seems to be expensive now, the new models, I know what you're thinking you get what ya pay for.

What model do you have or suggest๐Ÿค”

2 hours ago, billytheghillie said:

I have 2 Suzuki Vitaras all gripย  ( 4x4 ) and they are auto. One is 1.6 and the other 1.4 boosterjet. I got rid of my L200 for them and i dont regret it. Have a look at them you wont be disappointed.ย ย ๐Ÿ‘ย ย Meant to say they are both petrol.

Cheers for the replyBILLY, I bought a new Jimny 16 plate but hurt my back so it was not getting Used as much as it should , but those vitara look a good bit of kit , do they ride nice , not like being dragged down the road in a bucket like the Jimny, but got to say it would go any where,ย 

Cheers buddy๐Ÿ‘

ย 

Yes lovely comfy ride in them, i put all season tyres on my 1.6 and have had no problems in the snow and ice. I live up a single track road ( uphill ) and then down onto a rough track and never had any problems. Quite good on the juice to as long as you dont have your lead boots on. I tow a trailer tent 750kg unladen with it and it copes okay. My 2 models are 18 plates. hope this helps.

17 hours ago, Morkin said:

I know this has been asked before on the RAV4 , but a little different as it's got to be auto and petrol, I was looking at a 2007-08 year has anybody got any advice on the petrol auto s , or I did look at the honda CRV petrol auto, any advice please but it's got to be auto please.

Thankyou all๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ‘

Are the ages of rav4 auto's you are considering "auto" or CVT auto? Ditto with the CR-V and are you aware of the difference?

Edited by Dave-G

15 hours ago, Morkin said:

Thanks weihrauch๐Ÿ‘I do like Subaru, had a mv pick once fantastic tool, but seems to be expensive now, the new models, I know what you're thinking you get what ya pay for.

What model do you have or suggest๐Ÿค”

I have a 2014 150 BHP Petrol CVT Forester and love it.

Edited by Weihrauch17

17 hours ago, Morkin said:

Thankyou Dave, no I didn't know there was a difference, which is best ? ๐Ÿ‘

I drove a diesel auto/CVT T31 X-trail a few months ago and it was very very responsive with no hint of jerkiness at all BUT: I have seen so much grim advice about avoiding CVT being very troublesome and note that many car producers have dropped CVT and stepped back to various forms of hydraulic automatic gearboxes. As to the truth of it? I feel its a case of no smoke without fire.

Edited by Dave-G