Webley & Scott .410 bolt action part name

Windswept

I have a Webley & Scott .410 bolt action and a part has broken but I don't know what it's called. It's not the extractor piece that can fall out and is often lost but the other two pieces that guide a cartridge in to the chamber and fling it out once extracted. So, a sort of extractor spring? They sit in the two slots in front of the chamber and have a long, thin piece of spring steel under the action. These have broken and I would like to see if I could get a replacement or make my own.

I doubt if you will find one .They came in left and right hand and are not inter changeable . I think I had  a couple that went when I sold all my bits and pieces to Tony Morris near Leominster .Not sure which hand they were but might be worth giving him a call  .

Thanks for the replies. Spring cartridge guides seems to be the best name for them, at least it gives me something to search on.

I have all the pieces of the old ones so I could make some replacements when I get round to it. I also have some old clock spring.

I had thought about welding but they have snapped right on the thinnest part, so less than 2mm wide, so wonder if a weld would last. I'll ask a friend who's a good welder.

I have found a way to load the cartridges without the guides so can wait until I next go to the RFD picked the gun up from as they do break old guns for parts.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, archiebald said:

Many thanks for that, good to know what people call them and that the do come up for sale.

I've got the hang of dropping the cartridges into the chamber without the guides so I'll probably see if I can make something at some point. I'll save a copy of their photo as it seems mine are quite worn.