Blaser f16. Is it worth it?

grantwal

On 14/04/2023 at 22:29, sam triple said:

Mines got 32” barrels and is as easy to shoot as my 20 bore beretta , light quick ,slim and handles well 

👍

On 15/04/2023 at 09:38, Gerry78 said:

Friend bought one for clays didn’t like the felt recoil he sold it bought miroku grade 5 If you can try get a round of clays with F16 you will know yourself then 

👍

17 hours ago, Westward said:

Blaser stocks don't suit everyone. I had no problems when I tried one but there have been lots of complaints about the recoil on Shotgun world. But then a high ptoportion of Americans shoot shotguns like rifles and cram their faces into the comb in order to look flat along the rib.

👍

13 hours ago, Wylye said:

A 32ins F16 weighs less than 8lbs so recoil from some bumpy cartridges is going to be uncomfortable. For a competition gun shooting 100+ in one go its hardly heavy enough.

👍

Thanks for all the above - very helpful

Greenfields in Salisbury have a new 32" F16 sporter for sale. It's listed at 8lbs 4oz and I know for a fact that that they weigh every gun they have in. I repeat that the F16 I tried weighed 8lb 3oz which is the same as my CG and that's a pretty reasonable weight for a sporting clays gun.

If CGs didn't exist I'd shoot an f16, as in my hands they shoot better than anything Beretta makes below the DTs and the triggers alone make it nicer than any Browning.

• 8 months later...

Moved from a miroku mk38 grade 3 to a Blaser f16 and never looked back.

The 32" barrells are so smooth to shoot clays and game, I've got the barrell weights and it pushes the weight over 8lbs.

Can't believe why folks say they recoil, mine is smoother than the miroku even with 30g game shells.

Another point I believe as people have said in the past ,it takes a few months to get properly used to a new gun, stick to one and if you like it you will come to shoot it well. 

There are some great offers around now, never been a better time to switch to an f16.