Short eye relief scope misting up

ratchers

I changed my scope recently as I was not completely happy with the last one due to missed shots so I fitted a mtc atom which has a fixed mag of 10, I zeroed it a few days ago at 20 yards as all my squirrel feeding boxes are at approx at that distance. Was out this morning early and did shoot three greys but I did have a problem with the occular lens misting up because of  its short eye relief as the heat from my face caued condensation, anybody else had this problem and did you solve it?

If you're sure it's not natural ambient conditions causing it - just like lamping rabbit on a summer's evening - could it be that you're not just shooting but also searching with the scope. Do you have any alternative optics which you could use for that?

I've just brought up Anthony's post which was flagged, and yep, get some air circulating.

Not sure if it's any help but this same problem occurs quite often with Motorcycle Helmets, we used to rub washing up liquid on the lens then wipe it off carefully leaving an invisible coating of soap. I think these days you can buy products that do the same thing.

• 4 months later...