Perfectdraft beer machine

the hitman

32 minutes ago, humperdingle said:

I’ve looked at a couple of different brands and models but just can’t get beyond the cost per pint - Compared to just getting tins of draught Guinness (my usual tipple), it doesn’t make sense for me to get one.

Sorry, that probably doesn’t help much 😂

Yes there are cheaper ways to have a beer, however the beer on perfectdraft is of pub quality compared to bottles and cans.

I recently bought 3 kegs ( 10.5pints each) and with keg returns and discounts, it works out about £2.40 a pint.

With about 70 different kegs - it’s a nice to try beers that you don’t always see in pubs locally.

1 hour ago, humperdingle said:

I’ve looked at a couple of different brands and models but just can’t get beyond the cost per pint - Compared to just getting tins of draught Guinness (my usual tipple), it doesn’t make sense for me to get one.

Sorry, that probably doesn’t help much 😂

You will definately not wish to consider Guinness's latest offering then....

https://guinnesswebstore.co.uk/guinness-at-home/guinness-microdraught

Makes perfectdraught, positively attractive in financial terms......

Hitman - ignore everything below, we’ve had many chats via PM. If anyone fancies dipping their toes…..

To the can drinkers, my most recent PD favourite is leffe spring….find that in a supermarket….

Currently on a lager called Zipfer, the best tasting lager ever.

Regular go to beer is a blonde called Affligem, but you have to watch what you’re doing as it’s over 6%  

I’ve had a perfect draft for 5 years and a blade for 3 years. 

PD was a home (in bev) based machine, the Blade was an initially (Heineken brewery) a machine for Zero alcohol lagers and small restaurants. 

Both are now based on domestic use. 

It’s definitely not cans and at least as good as pub pints, I drink at home and I don’t do caring or fosters (or any other cooking lagers) in the house. 

It depends on what you prefer to drink…. Let me know!

More expensive than cans, yes!  But so is a malt compared to a blend  

Edited by markm

19 hours ago, markm said:

Hitman - ignore everything below, we’ve had many chats via PM. If anyone fancies dipping their toes…..

To the can drinkers, my most recent PD favourite is leffe spring….find that in a supermarket….

Currently on a lager called Zipfer, the best tasting lager ever.

Regular go to beer is a blonde called Affligem, but you have to watch what you’re doing as it’s over 6%  

I’ve had a perfect draft for 5 years and a blade for 3 years. 

PD was a home (in bev) based machine, the Blade was an initially (Heineken brewery) a machine for Zero alcohol lagers and small restaurants. 

Both are now based on domestic use. 

It’s definitely not cans and at least as good as pub pints, I drink at home and I don’t do caring or fosters (or any other cooking lagers) in the house. 

It depends on what you prefer to drink…. Let me know!

More expensive than cans, yes!  But so is a malt compared to a blend  

Hi Markm

Yes you have given me some good reviews on beers and some recommendations of what to try next.

I am not really a lager drinker, but the Hasseroder is a fantastic drink on PD.

I have had a few kegs of IPA and pale ales, with Cali pale and clwb tropica being very easy to drink.

I am not a big drinker, and a keg will last me 3 weeks - unless I have friends over to watch football.

Some of the kegs like Vocation life and death and goose island  are absolutely beautiful, but at 6%+ definitely not session beers.

The kegs are at their best for 30 days once tapped- so no rush to neck them.

Something about drinking beer at home i have never got into, for me a beer is all about the social event, in a pub having a good ole chinwag about life, sorting out the world. 

Or for the more energetic a game of darts or pool and a couple of beers. 

12 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Something about drinking beer at home i have never got into, for me a beer is all about the social event, in a pub having a good ole chinwag about life, sorting out the world. 

Or for the more energetic a game of darts or pool and a couple of beers. 

Yes I agree with that - Mrs H and I regularly go out . We also like to have family & friends over - especially in the summer as we have a bit of a homemade beer garden “out the back”.

Its all personal choice.

I am asking is who has a machine and would you like to review beers you have tried ? 

I wasn’t asking who prefers to go out or stay in for a beer- as it’s possible to enjoy both.