Rifle tripods.

old man

12 minutes ago, Richard308 said:

Plus one trigger sticks. I use the standard v yoke. Quick height adjustment via trigger even on uneven ground as the legs operate independently. 

I use the two point rifle rest(very good) and/or my hog saddle clamp. With the two point rest, I have fixed velcro fasteners to it to wrap around the rifle and hold it in position. I'm then hands free, as with the hog saddle.

36 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

I use the two point rifle rest(very good) and/or my hog saddle clamp. With the two point rest, I have fixed velcro fasteners to it to wrap around the rifle and hold it in position. I'm then hands free, as with the hog saddle.

I ordered the ball head you recommended there. Don’t want to break the bank on a saddle? Anyone have any recommendations?

1 minute ago, old man said:

As said, various distances, directions and heights 60mtr max. Not sure anything really fits the bill for that?

Well if you want to be able to spin 360 degrees and have the simplest lightweight rest I would suggest the primos are very quick to deploy as others have pointed out they auto adjust the leg length so you can just deploy with one hand quickly and the simple V bracket will spin

the key point about the primos is that they deploy quickly quietly with one hand so if you’re walking around you’d want that but standing still say that in a farmyard you can get the same thing from a cheap camera tripod but obviously you’ll probably need to use both hands to set up

quad sticks are probably more stable as a platform but they need lots of practice to get fast and smooth to deploy and whilst you can get carbon fibre versions that are relatively lightweight it’ll depend on if you’re walking around with them if you are prepared to spend time to get skilled and lug them around (before everyone jumps on that comment -  know that many people don’t see it as lugging around that’s just in the context of differentiating)

if you want to try primos I have a set you can buy and use them and if you don’t like them I’ll take them back as long as they are in the same condition 

to be fair you can even order them from Amazon and send them back if you don’t like them 

hope that helps 

D

31 minutes ago, Downforce said:

Well if you want to be able to spin 360 degrees and have the simplest lightweight rest I would suggest the primos are very quick to deploy as others have pointed out they auto adjust the leg length so you can just deploy with one hand quickly and the simple V bracket will spin

the key point about the primos is that they deploy quickly quietly with one hand so if you’re walking around you’d want that but standing still say that in a farmyard you can get the same thing from a cheap camera tripod but obviously you’ll probably need to use both hands to set up

quad sticks are probably more stable as a platform but they need lots of practice to get fast and smooth to deploy and whilst you can get carbon fibre versions that are relatively lightweight it’ll depend on if you’re walking around with them if you are prepared to spend time to get skilled and lug them around (before everyone jumps on that comment -  know that many people don’t see it as lugging around that’s just in the context of differentiating)

if you want to try primos I have a set you can buy and use them and if you don’t like them I’ll take them back as long as they are in the same condition 

to be fair you can even order them from Amazon and send them back if you don’t like them 

hope that helps 

D

Thank you, still thinking on.