Ceremonial Dagger

steve_b_wales

For sale:

This was owned by my late father. It's in good condition and has no identifying marks on it. The blade has a very fine film of grease on it. Overall it's in very good condition.

Sell for £20:00 inc pp. Proceeds will be given to my mother who will add it to other monies for cancer charities. Buyer must state that they are over 18 years of age.

DAGGER 1.jpg

DAGGER 2.jpg

i was given one of those (but a bit smaller)...when i was a kid.....think it came from India....TBH it was utter carp ..it had the softest steel anyone would use....so ended up using it for "splitses".....didnt last long............think it was somthing turned out in there 1000's for the tourist trade....

21 hours ago, ditchman said:

i was given one of those (but a bit smaller)...when i was a kid.....think it came from India....TBH it was utter carp ..it had the softest steel anyone would use....so ended up using it for "splitses".....didnt last long............think it was somthing turned out in there 1000's for the tourist trade....

Absolutely. Hade the same experience. Made by the 1000s for tourists --- nevertheless, I've seen some on sale for around £40 (to my amazement)

I have a feeing they are from Poland. I had a grouse or turkey once with a tail made of a number of very similar knives, you could pull out, given to me by Polish gentleman my aunt married 40 years ago. It was with roe deer trophy horns and other bits n bobs.

• 3 months later...