Brenneke 12 gauge slugs.

I know loaded cartridges containing single slugs are fac only to buy,possess use. However where is the legal position on components? Is it possible to buy lead slugs separately as they are in effect an inert lump of lead,as an air rifle slug is!

Do we even need to show a shotgun certificate to buy, primers, powder,wads and lead shot? Anyone know the definite answer?

You can buy the lump of lead without a licence. Some companies insist of seeing a licence before they will sell you them or other components but that's just their own rules.

Edit to add, if you look around the Folkstone Engineering Supplies site they only say you need to show a licence for powder.

Edited by Windswept

30 minutes ago, Windswept said:

You can buy the lump of lead without a licence. Some companies insist of seeing a licence before they will sell you them or other components but that's just their own rules.

Edit to add, if you look around the Folkstone Engineering Supplies site they only say you need to show a licence for powder.

Ok thank you! I thought they were allowed provided not loaded into a cartridge!

what youve got to take into account  even though its perfectly legal to own them as components, if spotted and asked on a renewal  why have you got them. they can still be funny and you can end up with the "random" check ups they can do  and they can then go over you with a fine tooth comb. 

i mean other than as a shotgun slug whats the reason to own them? as an ornement? as a paper weight?.