Are clay cartridges (7.5’s) suitable for pigeons and crows?

23 hours ago, BrowningDJC said:

RC2 competition would be my choice for a good value pigeon load if I still shot a 12 bore regularly, Italian 7.5 which as mentioned is a UK 7. 
I think 7 shot is overlooked for pigeons and game, I’ve found it does the job perfectly at normal ranges. 

Up until a year or so ago when a small local gunshop closed, they used to sell the RC2 competition line in 6 shot for just over £200/thousand (cheapest shells ever) but so damn effective on pigeons! Used tens of thousands of them over the years, down to my last few slabs now and it’s a shame I can’t seem to get any more. 
Moved back to Hull Superfast pigeon 29 now which are a good shell too! 

On 29/10/2023 at 16:42, Wilts#Dave said:

Up until a year or so ago when a small local gunshop closed, they used to sell the RC2 competition line in 6 shot for just over £200/thousand (cheapest shells ever) but so damn effective on pigeons! Used tens of thousands of them over the years, down to my last few slabs now and it’s a shame I can’t seem to get any more. 
Moved back to Hull Superfast pigeon 29 now which are a good shell too! 

Justcartridges sell

10 hours ago, Wilts#Dave said:

Just had a quick look and you’re right but they’re out of stock. Sadly they were also £100 cheaper from where I used to get them (what made them so attractive)! 

Ouch, lot of RC seems to be out of stock everywhere 

12 minutes ago, Fargo said:

Ouch, lot of RC seems to be out of stock everywhere 

I think it depends on where you are in the country.

Currently at least 3 RFDs in Norfolk have lots of RC in stock but little else. Where as back home in Sheffield all I can get is Comp X.

I prefer RC for live quarry but Lyalvale Express or Eley for clays.

1 hour ago, Centrepin said:

I think it depends on where you are in the country.

Currently at least 3 RFDs in Norfolk have lots of RC in stock but little else. Where as back home in Sheffield all I can get is Comp X.

I prefer RC for live quarry but Lyalvale Express or Eley for clays.

We can’t get sipe or 20b loads down here and importer says supply issues.

hello, those 20 bore cartridges must be gold plated bobba 🤔, i know you like your 20 but i would be looking for a lighter O/U 12 guage , multichoke if possible and buy the cheap 7.5s 28g clay cartridges, but use more choke, last i bought £280 per 1000, beats £400 for 20s , 🤔

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

7 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, those 20 bore cartridges must be gold plated bobba 🤔, i know you like your 20 but i would be looking for a lighter O/U 12 guage , multichoke if possible and buy the cheap 7.5s 28g clay cartridges, but use more choke, last i bought £280 per 1000, beats £400 for 20s , 🤔

you could even go down to 24 g for better recoil

52 minutes ago, Fargo said:

We can’t get sipe or 20b loads down here and importer says supply issues.

The last time I was here, July, RC Sipe 32 x 5s (12 bore) cost £74.50 per slab although I understand the price has now risen somewhat. I don't have a 20 bore so no idea of what they're charging. Everywhere seems to have .410 supply problems.

I've ordered 1000 Romagnola to pick up when I shoot later today, couldn't give me a price till I collect but told around £65/£67 per slab. Still cheaper than the £87 at my local ground.

51 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

The last time I was here, July, RC Sipe 32 x 5s (12 bore) cost £74.50 per slab although I understand the price has now risen somewhat. I don't have a 20 bore so no idea of what they're charging. Everywhere seems to have .410 supply problems.

I've ordered 1000 Romagnola to pick up when I shoot later today, couldn't give me a price till I collect but told around £65/£67 per slab. Still cheaper than the £87 at my local ground.

Sipe here £135 slab