Cleaning topic for a wet Saturday, , eg stainless sinks and enamel bath , hard water scale and scum, scale on taps,

Hello, tried lots of cleaning products living in a hard water area , just found one for the sink, called The pink stuff 👍 , no good for steel enamel bath  or ceramic  sink , , home is rented with social housing so not going to put in water softener etc, just need a fool proof scale and scum cleaner for an old fool who hates cleaning 🤔🙄😁

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

4 minutes ago, Munzy said:

The CilitBang spray works for me. Failing that a spray of slightly diluted hydrochloric acid will get it off in seconds, just rinse it off after and it shouldn’t cause any harm.

Hello, I tried that and shifts some scale, will look at the hydro.acid cheers 👍

3 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I tried that and shifts some scale, will look at the hydro.acid cheers 👍

Not sure where you can buy it, I used to use it in Spain to descale tiles around a pool and then started using it on taps inside. It burns skin so you have to be careful but it works well. I think it’s the key ingredient in any of these limescale removers but diluted to a safe/less effective level.

Edited by Munzy

13 minutes ago, Munzy said:

Not sure where you can buy it, I used to use it in Spain to descale tiles around a pool and then started using it on taps inside. It burns skin so you have to be careful but it works well. I think it’s the key ingredient in any of these limescale removers but diluted to a safe/less effective level.

Hello, Google brings up brick cleaner 🤔 my son has some, there use to be an inline descaler but plumber to it out and never replaced it 🙄

18 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

bar keepers friend.

Hello, tried that Billy but thanks to reply ,