Gamebore Clear Pigeon

OK watched the vid clear and to the point .a couple of points to raise  .

If your gonna cut one open .please 

1 - Count the pellets give the actual number and the manufacturer  supposed number .

2 -  measure the average pellet size  and also give  supposed size .

3 - weight the total shot see if it is correct  

4 - inspect the quality of the shot for shape and uniformity 

5 - Highlight  any colour differences to other manufacturers products .and talk about antimony /hardness levels .

6- I presume  you going to  compare recoil   in one gun between different  carts ? 

Best done all at one time as opposed to weeks apart .

7- can you do a standard pattern test so pick a range and circle size and shoot a pattern and count pellet hits inside your circle .(now I appreciate  this is specific to your gun but it can still really show how some carts pattern different to others .with the same choke .) Valuable information  

But I like the idea of a cartridge test comparison .try and get more quality info into the vid and it could become a real source of info which gets viewed  many time over. 

There is a series of. 410  carts by an Italian chap made years ago on utube  and I refer to them often. 

More please .

thanks for the input, its still early days and is evolving.

1 - Count the pellets give the actual number and the manufacturer  supposed number . i wont be counting pellets, but ill be weighing them in the next video.

2 -  measure the average pellet size  and also give  supposed size . I've thought bout this, will include when i do the next batch.

3 - weight the total shot see if it is correct , as mentioned above

4 - inspect the quality of the shot for shape and uniformity, i think its easy to spot any deformities in the tin, but ill have a think how i can present this another way.

5 - Highlight  any colour differences to other manufacturers products .and talk about antimony /hardness levels . im on the look out for a hardness tester suitable for something so small.

6- I presume  you going to  compare recoil   in one gun between different  carts ? yes everything is done in my 694, this carried over from my clay cartridge testing.

Best done all at one time as opposed to weeks apart . i record 8-10 cartridges at a time

7- can you do a standard pattern test so pick a range and circle size and shoot a pattern and count pellet hits inside your circle .(now I appreciate  this is specific to your gun but it can still really show how some carts pattern different to others .with the same choke .) Valuable information  ill draw circles on the board if it helps, but I've got a bit of an issue with pattern testing, to do a proper job you need to shoot multiple patterns and look at averages, one on its own doesn't mean a whole lot, but people  want to see it, so i do it. doing any more than one starts to get costly. 

thanks again, apricate any feedback.

Excellent .thanks for the reply .

Consider counting the pellets .as you may be very surprised at the result /expected .it doesn't take very long .

I like the way you rolled the pellets in your vid and found the double .that looked an easy and effective test .👍

So an example of a cartridge that pattern tests very very poorly through every gun /choke combination we have tried (and that's a fair few ) is the bornaghi .410 extreem 14 grm no7.5 .

The speed of the cartridge is very fast (as advertised  ) and it blows the pattern to bits it's terrible and as a result makes it useless .As said we have tried these carts through maybe 7 different. 410 guns with the same result  every time .The flip side to this is the  .410 fiocchi  19  grn  7.5  plas wad  this cart will hold the tightest pattern in every gun choke we try .it's a fantastic  cartridge and will kill  beyond  the ranges of every other cart available  . 

So a single pattern from a cart can give an idea of performance ,and I agree multiple shots would give a better picture .but if you happen across a wild result ,like the bornaghi or fiocchi  examples above,  then that will show and can be useful  information. 

I know it's all time for you on your vid .but its that difference that will make for a useful info channel...

I've mentioned ..410 as I like this calibre and use it often .but I've found similar in 12 and 20 b guns when a specific cartridge really does .or really doesn't.  Pattern well . When you find one .it doesn't seem to matter what range/ choke you  use the results seem very clear .

3 hours ago, bev6345 said:

thanks for the input, its still early days and is evolving.

1 - Count the pellets give the actual number and the manufacturer  supposed number . i wont be counting pellets, but ill be weighing them in the next video.

Make a "shot counting shovel" it's easy to do in one of two ways. Either a square piece of tin with the edges bent up to form a lip. You then count the pellets per row and multiply that by the number of rows. Or, less easy, a square piece of metal with dimples in so that one dimple holds one shot.