Bioammo Blue pigeons.

10 hours ago, Peter Harris said:

Once again an interesting topic about totally useless and ineffective ammunition to appease the 'Ban Lead Shot Party ' .

I'm a simple chap, may I ask a simple question please?

If Ducks and Birds die from picking up Lead shot , and we will eventually ban Lead shot what will happen to the tons of lead shot deposited on our land, lakes, and rivers will it miraculously disappear overnight ?

Or maybe the question I pose? If lead is so toxic then why, when it was banned for fishing was lead over 1 oz or size 8 and smaller considered non toxic? Or was it just to appease the anti brigade.

Isn't lead natural and mined? So many questions the antis haven't been programmed to answer, yet our shooting organisations don't ask.

Centrepin,

Good point, also if Lead is so toxic to use as ammunition why on Earth do BASC promote , and charge us to try non lead ammunition and yet at Game Fairs and shooting events where people have paid for tuition BASC use lead ammunition?

The whole affair is political appeasement and flawed science to bend us  over to quiet the objectors who actually could not care less about the environment, they just wish to ban guns and shooting sport in any way they can.

2 hours ago, Centrepin said:

Or maybe the question I pose? If lead is so toxic then why, when it was banned for fishing was lead over 1 oz or size 8 and smaller considered non toxic? Or was it just to appease the anti brigade.

Isn't lead natural and mined? So many questions the antis haven't been programmed to answer, yet our shooting organisations don't ask.

Whilst I sympathise with you, natural occurrence is not a good argument for safety as uranium, cadmium, mercury, tremolite, and arsenic are all naturally occurring and mined. I doubt anyone would think it a good idea to chuck copious quantities of them over farmland though. 

18 hours ago, Peter Harris said:

Once again an interesting topic about totally useless and ineffective ammunition to appease the 'Ban Lead Shot Party ' .

I'm a simple chap, may I ask a simple question please?

If Ducks and Birds die from picking up Lead shot , and we will eventually ban Lead shot what will happen to the tons of lead shot deposited on our land, lakes, and rivers will it miraculously disappear overnight ?

i imagine most of it will be a mix of ground down and disolved or covered over in a couple of years by sediment mud and rocks in moving waterways. being so small and heavy it will find its way under the bigger lighter stuff where dabblers cant get at it.

on land im not sure probably the same thing just allot slower.

i mean lead is already banned for use over waterways and has been for nearly 25 years becasue evidence was present of harm to wildfowl.

i dont support this proposal becasue it lacks any evidence against humans, meat or enviroment outside of water courses. but the use of lead over water had validity so im onboard with that one.  Its unpopular i know but steel isnt ineffective or useless, its just not as  effective as lead or the more expensive alternatives,

Edited by Sweet11-87