Impressive Debut: My Son’s First Clay Shooting Outing!

Karlos_

Hey,

Wanted to share my son’s recent dive into clay shooting. He decided he wanted his own hardware and picked up a Bakial 27E for £80. I wasn't to sure on his choice for a first-timer with it being double trigger, however his first idea was a SXS.

We both went over to The Spitfire Shot (Stockbridge). And what do you know? Within 10 minutes, he’s nailing shots. Singles, pairs, teal, driven pheasant, bolting rabbit he was loving it. Seems like he’s got a knack for it, a real natural talent.

Gotta admit, I’m pretty chuffed. If any of you seasoned shooters have some pointers for a rookie like my son, feel free to share your wisdom. 

Here’s to more clay-crushing sessions ahead for him.

Best regards,

Karl.

Karl,

Lains is only down the road and is great for a new shooter to build confidence with sporting, and some relatively easy driven birds. Plenty to choose from and easy to make it a 100 round. 

I'm by no means a seasoned pro, but I am an ok shot. I'd happily come for a Lains shoot sometime to give a second view and to have a laugh.

On 13/09/2023 at 17:55, Karlos_ said:

Hey,

Wanted to share my son’s recent dive into clay shooting. He decided he wanted his own hardware and picked up a Bakial 27E for £80. I wasn't to sure on his choice for a first-timer with it being double trigger, however his first idea was a SXS.

We both went over to The Spitfire Shot (Stockbridge). And what do you know? Within 10 minutes, he’s nailing shots. Singles, pairs, teal, driven pheasant, bolting rabbit he was loving it. Seems like he’s got a knack for it, a real natural talent.

Gotta admit, I’m pretty chuffed. If any of you seasoned shooters have some pointers for a rookie like my son, feel free to share your wisdom. 

Here’s to more clay-crushing sessions ahead for him.

Best regards,

Karl.

Sounds like he could give me a few pointers! I well remember  my old baikal ss and cartridges illuminating the Solway shoreline  in the distant past.

Glad he is taking to it, best wishes to him. Regards 

6 hours ago, HantsRob said:

Karl,

Lains is only down the road and is great for a new shooter to build confidence with sporting, and some relatively easy driven birds. Plenty to choose from and easy to make it a 100 round. 

I'm by no means a seasoned pro, but I am an ok shot. I'd happily come for a Lains shoot sometime to give a second view and to have a laugh.

Hey Rob,

That sounds like a fantastic idea! I appreciate your willingness to join us for a shoot at Lains. It would be great to have someone who knows their way around and also offer some guidance and share a few laughs while we're at it.

I'm available most weekends, I will drop you a DM so we can plan something. Thanks again for the offer, and looking forward to meeting up for some shooting.

Best regards, Karl