What could possibly go wrong?

Jonty

8 minutes ago, Jonty said:

I've been meaning to try making black pudding for some time now.... just need to wait until the boss is going out long enough for me to clear up the inevitable carnage in the kitchen before she gets home 😀

Where's the fun in that? I'm thinking leave it for her to come in. blood drip trail along the hall, a bloody knife in the corridor, more pooling at the entrance to the kitchen. Then just before she can see you lie down in a nice pool of it... 

12 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Where's the fun in that? I'm thinking leave it for her to come in. blood drip trail along the hall, a bloody knife in the corridor, more pooling at the entrance to the kitchen. Then just before she can see you lie down in a nice pool of it... 

😀😀 problem is Chris, I suspect she'd be celebrating if she saw that

10 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i shall watch this.....i like my black pudding with big lumps of white fat in it......

Me too - I called in to my butchers earlier today, he’s got a pig coming in on Thursday and is going to put a couple of lbs of back fat aside for me.

9 minutes ago, Dougy said:

And pearl barley 👍

spot on.....i use pearl barley in my lamb stews in the deep winter,,,,

i just like to see "bits and lumps" in my black pudding....so much of the pudding on the market now ..looks as if it has been thro' a bloody liquidizer

1 hour ago, Jonty said:

It’s already cooked Mungler - it goes in the skins liquid and then you poach it so it’s cooked - the frying/grilling is not 100% necessary… that said - I far prefer mine cooked for a second time 

1 hour ago, Dougy said:

No its already cooked. 👍

It's boiled in the process of making it  

I never appreciated that. 

I’ve always fried it off in a pan.

And, no, I just can’t see myself eating it ‘mentally raw’ after all these years.

Well I never. And I’m a big fan of it - condensed essence of meat right there.

7 hours ago, Mungler said:

I never appreciated that. 

I’ve always fried it off in a pan.

And, no, I just can’t see myself eating it ‘mentally raw’ after all these years.

Well I never. And I’m a big fan of it - condensed essence of meat right there.

The stuff in the "skin" is nowhere near as nice as from a butchers shop. A butchers not too far away from me you buy it in large slices 😋😋😋😋