1st Class Mail

wymberley

15 minutes ago, Red696 said:

RM only compensate the person who posted the item, the contract is with them.

THANKS for that .. I once sent some china dogs to Italy in two boxes by Royal Mail as far as Global shipping sorting office in the U K and then G S C delivered them to Italy , on arrival one box was perfect and in the other the item's were smashed to pieces , as I didn't know where the damage was done I refunded the buyer without making a claim .

Could I claimed off one or the other , it was less than £20 so it wasn't worth losing any sleep over :hmm:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, marsh man said:

THANKS for that .. I once sent some china dogs to Italy in two boxes by Royal Mail as far as Global shipping sorting office in the U K and then G S C delivered them to Italy , on arrival one box was perfect and in the other the item's were smashed to pieces , as I didn't know where the damage was done I refunded the buyer without making a claim .

Could I claimed off one or the other , it was less than £20 so it wasn't worth losing any sleep over 

You could have made a claim from RM as your contract is with them, BUT, they make it hellish difficult by asking for:

proof of value from original receipt or valuation for 3rd party ( listed on insurance policy etc)

proof of condition before posting

proof of damage

Inside leg measurement

mothers dogs first meal

The list goes on and on

25 minutes ago, Red696 said:

You could have made a claim from RM as your contract is with them, BUT, they make it hellish difficult by asking for:

proof of value from original receipt or valuation for 3rd party ( listed on insurance policy etc)

proof of condition before posting

proof of damage

Inside leg measurement

mothers dogs first meal

The list goes on and on

THANKS again for that , I put it down as part of the learning curb , I no longer send breakable stuff abroad , bad enough over here :lol:

2 hours ago, marsh man said:

Just curious , who will you get paid from , Royal Mail or the seller ? 

AS i bought it from Ebay the seller it could of been packed better , But its always a worry buying stuff that needs posted i take it every bodies seen the video of company's throwing parcels from one van to another van 

10 hours ago, Bigbob said:

AS i bought it from Ebay the seller it could of been packed better , But its always a worry buying stuff that needs posted i take it every bodies seen the video of company's throwing parcels from one van to another van 

I once sold a member on P W some Labrador china plates , these were carefully packed with plenty of bubble wrap , fragile tape everywhere and a message to the postman to be careful , when the postman got to the buyers house and found he was out he put the parcel through the top small window on his conservatory which was about six foot above his concrete floor tiles , needless to say that all the plates were broken , as he knew how the breakages were caused he got it sorted out at his local branch and I didn't hear no more .:good:

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

I once sold a member on P W some Labrador china plates , these were carefully packed with plenty of bubble wrap , fragile tape everywhere and a message to the postman to be careful , when the postman got to the buyers house and found he was out he put the parcel through the top small window on his conservatory which was about six foot above his concrete floor tiles , needless to say that all the plates were broken , as he knew how the breakages were caused he got it sorted out at his local branch and I didn't hear no more .:good:

I keep thinking about a clear out apart from my books but i cant be bothered with the hassle of postage , then it might be fine a few local pick ups but do you want to tell everybody where you live and what you got 

my lord we having a go at the postie now?.

got a 40 ibs cinder block here  id like it taking from the scotish border  to london please and i want to be  able to track were it is at any point at all times. the bloke id like it taking too works shifts so youll have to keep trying his door until he answers to sign for it and make sure youve got a pen becasue he wont have. and it best not be marked at all when it gets their, youve got 3 days cheers.

im offering £20 and if out goes pear shaped i want £50 back......any takers?

Edited by Sweet11-87

4 hours ago, Sweet11-87 said:

my lord we having a go at the postie now?.

got a 40 ibs cinder block here  id like it taking from the scotish border  to london please and i want to be  able to track were it is at any point at all times. the bloke id like it taking too works shifts so youll have to keep trying his door until he answers to sign for it and make sure youve got a pen becasue he wont have. and it best not be marked at all when it gets their, youve got 3 days cheers.

im offering £20 and if out goes pear shaped i want £50 back......any takers?

When you get old you have had the experience to be able to have a go at anybody or maybe your just that old you cant be bothered ?. 

7 hours ago, Bigbob said:

I keep thinking about a clear out apart from my books but i cant be bothered with the hassle of postage , then it might be fine a few local pick ups but do you want to tell everybody where you live and what you got 

You are no doubt the same as me Bob for buying virtually anything to do with shooting and this have carried on for a good number of years , it started in my early days when I kept the beating money till the end of the season and then I would renew some of my gear , then as the years rolled on I would use the money from the sale of game and Pigeons , this have carried on all of my fairly long life , books were like a drug , I would keep buying them even though I had little time to read them , then with during a few building jobs after tea I started to have some spare cash so I went to the sporting auctions , I would come out with all sorts , books , prints , gun cases , binoculars and anything else that caught my eye , I then started to collect Peter Scott prints and at one time I had most of what he done and he did do a lot .

Then when I retired I had more time on my hands and we went a lot to car boots , antique fairs and of course charity shops , well about seven years ago we moved and I didn't realise I had so much stuff so some had to go , I was self taught on the P C and started to sell some bits and pieces ,as I have only got two grand daughters and neither would have any interest in my ( treasure ) , the only interest to them is the proceeds it make :lol:

I am slowly coming round to that my time in shooting is up , the ferrets apart from the odd day out havent been used seriously in two years there's boxes and collars 100s of nets and long nets Theres a 3 shelf unit full of my net making stuff , loads of traps and snares , Before you look at the duck and pigeon decoys and all the related stuff , cage traps . Then all the stuff i acquired, collected .Looking back it was scary the amount of miles i put in  controlling rabbits  that was my main hobby . I still use my shotgun and rifle but every renewal there cutting my bullet allowance down because i simply cant shoot the same amount of rabbits as there not there . Maybe as i have got older i have sourced better supplies for my dog food and ferrets , My mates what i would call head beater on a 4 estate shoot numbers of birds put down are crazy and since nobody wants them i can have as many as i want so fill 3 freezers with pheasants that used to be full of rabbits to feed the ferrets free all summer . My son said to me when i go  he only wanted the ferrets to bolt rabbits for his dogs    now in Scotland he cant do that Maybe time for a clean out but everybody here is in the same boat who would buy or use my gear ?. Same with my books moneys tight since covid and nobody reads books they read on pads now , I was thinking sit tight for a couple of years and see if anything improves ?.