Today's lunch

amateur

My wife had bought some smoked haddock, and was going to poach it and serve it with potatoes and peas, but then said "Remember that lovely pasta dish you did"

I had no idea what she was talking about. Then she said that I had cooked it about 40 years ago when our daughters were little.

!!*&&*!

So, anyway, I poached the haddock in milk, skinned and flaked it.

Made a bechamel sauce with flour, butter and the poaching liquid and added a good dollop of Boursin garlicky, herby cream cheese.

That got served with conchiglie pasta and was so good that it was all eaten before I remembered to photo it.

Hopefully my wife won't mind waiting for another 40 years for a repeat.

5 hours ago, amateur said:

My wife had bought some smoked haddock, and was going to poach it and serve it with potatoes and peas, but then said "Remember that lovely pasta dish you did"

I had no idea what she was talking about. Then she said that I had cooked it about 40 years ago when our daughters were little.

!!*&&*!

So, anyway, I poached the haddock in milk, skinned and flaked it.

Made a bechamel sauce with flour, butter and the poaching liquid and added a good dollop of Boursin garlicky, herby cream cheese.

That got served with conchiglie pasta and was so good that it was all eaten before I remembered to photo it.

Hopefully my wife won't mind waiting for another 40 years for a repeat.

perhaps you could draw a picture of it ?

Edited by ditchman

13 hours ago, ditchman said:

i went to the moon for lunch today and had a nice cheese dish.....then i dropped off at Mars for tea.....only just got back....forgot my camera ..(damn)....

Oh, so that was you. Third table in from the air-lock, right?  Mind you, I thought the cheese tasted a bit funny today.

• 3 weeks later...