stuck chokes

dogger

Am I wrong in saying alot of older sxs usually had right barrell open  true cylinder or improved cylinder and left barrel full choke.  My late father had a trulock and Harris 30" sxs with this choking and a kavanagh 30" sxs also  with this choking.  A greener 16 bore hammer both barrels choked full. I use the kavanagh frequently and be honest the instant choice of open choke in right barrel or full choke in left is handy to have.  That left barrel has folded alot of rangy woodcock that thought they were away!  All 3 guns are over 100 years old.. back when maybe cartridges weren't as good,  but the men making guns at that time knew what they were doing and they choked their guns accordingly,  right barrel for when he gets up under your feet,  left barrel when he's the other side of the bog😀.. 

23 minutes ago, Krico woodcock said:

Am I wrong in saying alot of older sxs usually had right barrell open  true cylinder or improved cylinder and left barrel full choke.  My late father had a trulock and Harris 30" sxs with this choking and a kavanagh 30" sxs also  with this choking.  A greener 16 bore hammer both barrels choked full. I use the kavanagh frequently and be honest the instant choice of open choke in right barrel or full choke in left is handy to have.  That left barrel has folded alot of rangy woodcock that thought they were away!  All 3 guns are over 100 years old.. back when maybe cartridges weren't as good,  but the men making guns at that time knew what they were doing and they choked their guns accordingly,  right barrel for when he gets up under your feet,  left barrel when he's the other side of the bog😀.. 

No, it's spot on for as you describe. Back when the choking was annotated with just the one word on one barrel. When flushed, is it still done to count to 7?