Number of guns on a licence

islandgun

53 minutes ago, Westley said:

But I have NEVER met a burglar who waited around to see what was going to happen either  ! One of the 3 burglaries where there was a house alarm fitted had internal doors fitted with contacts. The alarm activated when an inside door was opened. They just went around the rear of the bungalow, smashed each window with a sledge hammer, entered and took all of the cash and VERY high value jewellery and left. The alarm never activated. This was a local jeweller. He never totally admitted the full value, but his house alarm was a £80 d.i.y. job  🙄

That is the problem an £80 diy system Does not have dual pir/microwave detectors with separate battery backup's with sounder's on the alarm box as well as the master control box and a separate sound bomb so 3 points of extreme sound alarm going off  , 26 years ago I had to have an SSIAB or NACOSS installed  system fitted before I was granted my RFD certificate.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Andy H said:

That is the problem an £80 diy system Does not have dual pir/microwave detectors with separate battery backup's with sounder's on the alarm box as well as the master control box and a separate sound bomb so 3 points of extreme sound alarm going off  , 26 years ago I had to have an SSIAB or NACOSS installed  system fitted before I was granted my RFD certificate.

Rather different in your case as an RFD against a punter with a few guns.

I know a few 'Punters'  with quite a few guns. My alarm system on my bungalow has shock detectors on all windows and doors. If it activates, it comes up on 4 separate Family mobile phones, mine included. I, or they, can then check the cameras.  There are no 'Police calling alarms' any more, however I do remember them. Monitored alarms now go to a central control and are responded to by private security companies, they in turn will contact the Police, should the need arise. It always made me smile that people would spend thousands of pounds for a holiday and begrudge paying £500 for a decent house alarm  ?? ALWAYS the same lame excuse "Nobody reacts to a house alarm ringing any more"  !  I never went to a single alarm call where the Burglars were sitting waiting for me to arrive either  !