The joy of EV?

old man

On 25/12/2023 at 00:06, McSpredder said:

Ultra-rapid acceleration in heavyweight vehicles sounds like a recipe for frequent tyre replacement and increased road repairs costs.  In other words, more fun for the EV drivers and higher taxation for the rest of the population.

Does ownership of an EV help to save the planet?

My 402hp polestar 2 is on its original fronts at 62000 milrs. Rears were only replaced due to puncture damage. Another myth dispelled …… 

Road repairs, have you seen any 😂

On 25/12/2023 at 22:59, Gordon R said:

Whether you like EVs or not, I trust no-one will claim the environment is better with EVs.

Aside from the fact that they use electricity, the mining of lithium has a human cost.

Disposal of batteries is a problem.

The country's infrastructure would not support everyone , or most people having an EV.

They push up overall insurance costs and fill the atmosphere with more tyre rubber and brake dust.

Insurance costs are made up numbers snd equally applies to ic cars. More Tyre rubber and brake dust, any actual evidence of that ? I barely use my brakes due to opd 

Edited by spanj

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you disagreeing about insurance costs? I got my information from the repair side of one of the biggest insurers in the country.

As EVs are heavier there has to be increased friction on tyres and road surfaces. There is plenty of info on the web.

Braking, I agree, is less clear cut, depending on what system your EV uses.

20 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Are you disagreeing about insurance costs? I got my information from the repair side of one of the biggest insurers in the country.

As EVs are heavier there has to be increased friction on tyres and road surfaces. There is plenty of info on the web.

Braking, I agree, is less clear cut, depending on what system your EV uses.

Not necessarily disagreeing just saying that all insurance has gone up and is subject to the whims / charges of the insurers. Ask any current range rover owner