Guilty pleasure

ditchman

57 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

We have butter, but I feel that much American butter would kill a man.  Looks good though 

granted its a bit much ...but it is the "lite version"   low fat version..

2 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

We have butter, but I feel that much American butter would kill a man.  Looks good though 

Nah! You should see the quantity of butter I would have put on that toast. 
It’s one of my “health foods”, along with plenty of salt, pork pie and as much red meat as I can get.

Just now, London Best said:

Nah! You should see the quantity of butter I would have put on that toast. 
It’s one of my “health foods”, along with plenty of salt, pork pie and as much red meat as I can get.

I agree.  Butter isn't in itself 'unhealthy'.  In fact various 'medical' types would eat butter in preference to any of the low saturated fat and 'hydrogenated oil spread' alternatives.

My grandfather used to slice his butter and lay it on a bit like roof tiles!  He also added salt to everything, and loved his beef dripping on toast - he had to add plenty of dripping to the toast whilst hot as he had no teeth!  He lived to be 87.  I have to be a bit more careful on meat as too much (red meat or game) plays havoc with gout.

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

My grandfather used to slice his butter and lay it on a bit like roof tiles!  He also added salt to everything, and loved his beef dripping on toast - 

I’m still eating the beef dripping from the Christmas Day whole sirloin which we had. Two slices of toast thick with dripping virtually every morning since. 
With salt, of course.

Just now, London Best said:

I’m still eating the beef dripping from the Christmas Day whole sirloin which we had. Two slices of toast thick with dripping virtually every morning since. 
With salt, of course.

Beans on dripping toast was a childhood favourite, if you like beans on toast, you will love beans on dripping toast.

• 4 weeks later...