beretta 686 special pigeon 1 12g

good morning,

i purchased this in june 2023. original receipt can be shown. genuine reason for sale, i have a plate in my right arm from a triple break and find i struggle the next few days with my arm. am looking at a lightweight 12g (had an ultralight and didnt like it so will see what else i can try) or 20g in similiar spec or value. i would consider a swap with cash going either way depending on gun etc.

686 sp1 right handed no damage to stock or barrels. always stripped and cleaned down after use. i have put about 100 shells through it and its still tight. 14.5 in LOP and has a micro pad fitted so this can be increased. cased with chokes etc. 30" barrels. lovely gun. gun was made in 2016 and has seen very little use. ok for HP steel too.

advertised elsewhere also.

£1100

20240102_113632.jpg

20240102_113636.jpg

20240102_113917.jpg

2 hours ago, novice cushie shooter said:

unfortunately not button, i have tried them and between the 2 triggers and side barrels i cant just get used to them unfortunately. love handling them and the weight but it just doesnt work for me. thanks

👍

1 hour ago, novice cushie shooter said:

huh i was sure it was 2016. just re checked and you are correct it was 2020. game version.

Dammit. Was hoping for Sporter. This must be the closest gun to me ever advertised on pigeonwatch too. 

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Hod, what makes you so keen on a FIELD model rather than a Clay version?

Other way round for me. I couldn’t tell you the reason but I’m guessing the stocks have slightly different heights and the (granted slightly older) field/game ones I’ve tried, shoot lower? I think that’s the correct terminology, either way it’s just not quite how I like it. 

I’ve currently got a Kofs which is a delightfully light 12B, bought for carrying about all day. However, still prefer my big lump of a browning 525 even for that.

Anyway, I digress and this is a sale thread for a cracking, newer model silver pigeon at a great price. 

4 hours ago, novice cushie shooter said:

feel free to meet and have a look if you like. 

While the temptation is very, very much there I don’t think it’s quite what I’m after, and I’d have to punt the Kofs first to free some funds and cabinet space.