Old top gear 4 x 4 tests

wisdom

16 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Top Gear. When it was an intelligent programme where the car review was the point of the programme and not a media conduit for three previously good journalists who became clowns....Clarkson, May, Hammond.

Yes absolutely.We had a little diahatsu on the farm for years.A cracking little truck it was nice and compact but very capable in the fields.

I had a Fiat Panda 4x4 the Italian Kubelwagen we called it!

Made from recycled red shortbread biscuit tins, or so it appeared, if it got stuck two of you could lift it out and move it!

https://silodrome.com/fiat-panda-4x4-car/

I once was stuck on a stationary long queue on the A5 in Warwickshire that never seemed to move. So I drove it though a gateway into a large field and drove along the inside of the field until I was past the obstruction on the roadway and then exited the field and back onto the A5 to carry on my journey.

Edited by enfieldspares

1 hour ago, enfieldspares said:

Top Gear. When it was an intelligent programme where the car review was the point of the programme and not a media conduit for three previously good journalists who became clowns....Clarkson, May, Hammond.

Yes, but the programme became much funnier.

1 hour ago, enfieldspares said:

I had a Fiat Panda 4x4 the Italian Kubelwagen we called it!

Made from recycled red shortbread biscuit tins, or so it appeared, if it got stuck two of you could lift it out and move it!

https://silodrome.com/fiat-panda-4x4-car/

I once was stuck on a stationary long queue on the A5 in Warwickshire that never seemed to move. So I drove it though a gateway into a large field and drove along the inside of the field until I was past the obstruction on the roadway and then exited the field and back onto the A5 to carry on my journey.

Great bits of kit.