wanting to do my DSC1

hi, im 15 and got my fac about 8 months ago with a .22 air rifle, then recently got a .22LR.  i want to do my dsc1 as from what i've read there are no specific age restrictions. i've done alot of stalking and shooting with my dad and two other people (who have both been shooting for 25+ years and done dsc1) so am fairly knowledgable. so in essence im just kind of wandering if anyone knows of anyone who offers dsc that is fairly local to bath/wiltshire. any advice would be appreciated aswell.

1 hour ago, Ollie-m said:

hi, im 15 and got my fac about 8 months ago with a .22 air rifle, then recently got a .22LR.  i want to do my dsc1 as from what i've read there are no specific age restrictions. i've done alot of stalking and shooting with my dad and two other people (who have both been shooting for 25+ years and done dsc1) so am fairly knowledgable. so in essence im just kind of wandering if anyone knows of anyone who offers dsc that is fairly local to bath/wiltshire. any advice would be appreciated aswell.

Good for you. 👍

20 hours ago, Ollie-m said:

the only problem you will come across is doing the practical/shooting part of the course if you don't have access to your own deer calibre rifle.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/01/2024 at 15:33, Zoli 12 guage said:

the only problem you will come across is doing the practical/shooting part of the course if you don't have access to your own deer calibre rifle.

Most course suppliers should have one available for none FAC holders etc.

S

On 05/02/2024 at 10:13, Zoli 12 guage said:

not when i did mine.

you had to have your own.

My son has just done DSC1 and DSC2 without owning a gun, he has been shooting with a friend who owns rifles and used the guide's rifle when doing the practical.

His firearm/shotgun cert application has been in for 9 months now (Hampshire)