Aa prosport

12gauge82

Hi guys,

Haven't had a air rifle for a few years but have shot alot of springers over the years. Well I got the itch again and have recently ordered a prosport, in the past I've owned several different air guns, among others the bsa lightning, several different Weihrauch including the Hw97k, air arms tx200, theoben slr98, brocock predator (before licensing requirements).

For me the Theoben (I seriously regret selling that one) and hw97k really stood out. How does everyone think the Pro sport compares, I've big expectations, but it has stiff competition and big boots to fill!

1 hour ago, TOPGUN749 said:

A very nice air rifle,especially in walnut,BUT the prices have gone crazy now! A few years ago they were under £600 for walnut,now pushing £900 I think which is a lot for any rifle.

Absolutely,  me and Mick were looking at some second hand a while back, very nice but not light.

12 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

How does everyone think the Pro sport compares, I've big expectations, but it has stiff competition and big boots to fill!

There are always as many prefer the TX to the Pro Sports,  but they are very nice, but you can only load from one side which I hadn't considered and if you drop the pellet it doesn't fall through like it does with the TX. 

8 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Absolutely,  me and Mick were looking at some second hand a while back, very nice but not light.

There are always as many prefer the TX to the Pro Sports,  but they are very nice, but you can only load from one side which I hadn't considered and if you drop the pellet it doesn't fall through like it does with the TX. 

Weight is not a factor that bothers me to be fair, accuracy and shot consistency are far more important to me.

I do think my slr98 was the pinnacle of spring/gas strut air guns, I do miss it, especially when I think I sold it absolutely mint, with scope for £300 several years ago.

1 hour ago, TOPGUN749 said:

A very nice air rifle,especially in walnut,BUT the prices have gone crazy now! A few years ago they were under £600 for walnut,now pushing £900 I think which is a lot for any rifle.

Being out of air gunning for a good few years I was a bit shocked at the price rises, especially when other firearms don't seem to have gone up as much, but I've owned most other top springers, I'm hoping this is going to be a keeper.

If it's as accurate as the past hw97s I've owned I'll be happy.

38 minutes ago, Mice! said:

https://airgunforums.co.uk/threads/pro-sport-vs-tx200.66877/

Plenty more topics just like this, it's the age old debate on which is best 👌 

Thankyou mice, your input is very much appreciated 👍.

I'm not looking for better, on a par will suit me fine, which considering the ongoing debate would suggest performance wise, there's not a great deal between them, which is fantastic.

4 hours ago, Mice! said:

Lots of pictures when you get it, I've read of people being able to select stocks with PSs before so hopefully you've gone for a lovely Walnut 👍

I will upload some, I've bought a mint used one in walnut, so couldn't choose any varation.

4 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Mine would put 5 pellets through one tiny ragged hole at 25+ yards. 

I sold it though as it was just too heavy and not getting used. 

I like the sound of that and I really don't mind a weighty gun, even when out hunting.

38 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Dont get the worry about price, it's all pretty relative. Well built guns, like the Prosport, hold their value. I would buy a vgc used from a dealer, use it for a few years then maybe lose 20% at most of it's value - virtually free shooting.

To be fair, I don't spend huge money on day to day living and I'm the type of person who likes to buy once and cry once, so I don't mind spending out for something nice. Although to be honest I've always undersold anything second hand, the way I see it, I've had my use and I like seeing someone go away happy with something I no longer use, that they will. Although if this one lives up to expectations, I plan on keeping it, most of my shooting these days has been shotgun and centre fire, but I seem to get pulled back to airguns every so often, I guess it's the nostalgia of first getting into shooting and a 12 gauge is overkill for rats 😂