Duck tubes vs breeding pen

Hi all and hope everyone has had a good season.

I'm keen to breed sone ducks on my dyke and have looked at the BASC site on how to make duck tubes and while I'm sure they work I'm thinking of numbers and going to have to make a lot of tubes, so thought of building a breeding pen protected from fox providing  a safe haven so they can build their own nests or even spreading hay and straw along the dyke banks.

I'm sure some PW members have had similar ideas and some have had success stories and maybe they would like to educate me on the correct method to have a go?

Thanks in advance

Not sure of a pen 

The duck tubes work very well and dont take much building

We have circa 25 up and circa 20 were used last year

On our big pond we had over 100 ducklings

The key in my opinion to success is vermin control - and just as important supplementary food for them when they hatch

The weather always seems messed up these last few years and the insects are not about so we feed a bucket full of meal worms for a few weeks 

Just now, jall25 said:

Not sure of a pen 

The duck tubes work very well and dont take much building

We have circa 25 up and circa 20 were used last year

On our big pond we had over 100 ducklings

The key in my opinion to success is vermin control - and just as important supplementary food for them when they hatch

The weather always seems messed up these last few years and the insects are not about so we feed a bucket full of meal worms for a few weeks 

I have seen some coral duckilings together and other mothers be very protective and attack others - so a pen may cause major issues