Rimfire mods

silver_fox

What do you think is the best .22LR rimfire moderator on the market? I bought a Sako mod just because a friend has one that sounds pretty quiet. I'm very pleased with it, but it's the only one I've seen working, Did I make the right choice?

I had PH for ages then a SAK on new RF it is much quieter and lighter.

:good: D2D

What do you think is the best .22LR rimfire moderator on the market? I bought a Sako mod just because a friend has one that sounds pretty quiet. I'm very pleased with it, but it's the only one I've seen working, Did I make the right choice?

So long as your using subsonic ammo they are all pretty quiet :good: but as allways you get what you pay for :sick: If it wern't illegal to try an un proofed moderator that isn't on your FAC on you rifle you would probably be quiet suprised at how effective they are! Especially the logun rang I would imagine :good:

So long as your using subsonic ammo they are all pretty quiet :good: but as allways you get what you pay for :sick: If it wern't illegal to try an un proofed moderator that isn't on your FAC on you rifle you would probably be quiet suprised at how effective they are! Especially the logun rang I would imagine :good:

I take it that you are not talking from experience - NOT

P.S Just Googling Logun mods (purely for research purposes honest)

I had PH for ages then a SAK on new RF it is much quieter and lighter.

I presume that an SAK mod is different to a Sako mod?

Sorry skimmed the post and didnt appreciate the big O on the end :sick:

I was seriously impressed though with just how much quieter the SAK is compared with the Parker Hale.

i would not use a evo apart from the fact its not proofed,. they have, or did have plastic baffels which would as your aware soon burn out using it on a rimfire :good:

Oh no, I should imagine they would last quiet well :sick:

well if you say so ,but i would'nt put any money on it lasting more than a few weeks on one of mine having seen a sak after 3 months worth of lamping,i changed to a "ASE" after i noticed the ally burning away on the saks.

that is only "MY" findings, you make your own choice :good:

SAK Mod

Now you have me worried, I recently purchased a new CZ .22 and the RFD sold me a SAK mod saying it was the biz at a reasonable price and being very quiet, I went along with this, but after following a link above I note that this mod should only be fitted to air rifles. So who is right, does anyone else use this mod on a rimfire?

??? D2D

You can use an unproofed moderator on a firearm, but you can not sell an unproofed moderator that is to be used on a firarm. So if your RFD sells you a moderator that you " SAY " is to be used on an air gun then thats fine if you later place it on a firearm, but you MUST have it on your ticket!!

That is to say if you are stopped by the boys in blue using a firearm that has a moderator attached then you must be authorised to possess it on your FAC, but should you attemp to ask for a T8 or other full bore moderator to put on your air gun you will be told NO!! RFD's can not get away with selling these as an air gun moderator, its similar with possession on the street, should you get stopped with a small moderator such as a SAK or ASE ultra and you have no firearms cert stating that you can possess such an item, then you can state that its for you air rifle and you will be ok, you will not get away with this if you have a bloomin great full bore can.

Sounds daft I know but there is a grey area around this bit of firearms legislation,

SAK Mod

Now you have me worried, I recently purchased a new CZ .22 and the RFD sold me a SAK mod saying it was the biz at a reasonable price and being very quiet, I went along with this, but after following a link above I note that this mod should only be fitted to air rifles. So who is right, does anyone else use this mod on a rimfire?

:lol: D2D

Got a SAK on my 16" CZ452 .22LR, it's the dogs danglies for the money.

Any queries about putting one on a Rimfire, phone Jackson Rifles, they are happy to help and will answer you're enquiry fully.