Google Earth Pro

Old Boggy

The above appears to have changed its format.

With the original format I could zoom in on where I propose to go shooting and with knowledge of the wind direction, could decide my best options. The compass to the right hand side is no longer there. Also there was a tab at the top which I could determine distance from one point to another.

I`ve tried different layers etc. but to no avail.

Is there anyone more knowledgeable than me (that doesn`t take a lot, admittedly !) who could advise, in simple terminology please.

TIA

OB

13 minutes ago, old'un said:

well I have google maps and I can still zoom in and if you right click on the map it gives you the option to measure distance, never found any use for the compass.

Same. I use google maps, in satellite mode, for all my shoot planning and measuring etc.

Boggy, the problem might be related to the version of Google Earth that you are using, I have had similar problems when using experimental versions which rthey seem to release for some reason.

Below are the details of the version that I'm using, this has all the useful features that you mention

image.png.ac20d7f499817d85c7112ec5faff316e.png

4 hours ago, old'un said:

well I have google maps and I can still zoom in and if you right click on the map it gives you the option to measure distance, never found any use for the compass.

Thanks for that old`un, I will try that now.

I use the compass once I`ve checked the weather forecast (Met office I find best) to find out wind strength and direction, to then decide which wood, or side thereof I intend shooting, or when decoying, what`s the best position of my known fields and flightlines. If that all makes sense.

OB

40 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

Thanks for that old`un, I will try that now.

I use the compass once I`ve checked the weather forecast (Met office I find best) to find out wind strength and direction, to then decide which wood, or side thereof I intend shooting, or when decoying, what`s the best position of my known fields and flightlines. If that all makes sense.

OB

yep, I understand that but when I look at the field on google maps I have a fairly good idea of north and south in relationship to the field.

I have used google maps pro/earth and found it a bit slow and top heavy, I find I can get all the detail and info off the standard google maps. :good:

Not sure what is going on with Google Earth pro but from my point of view it appears to be some kind of low res AI version.

My own place is now so blurred it is no use whatsoever. I am fairly rural but if you go into Chester the res is better but they have edited every person out of it, even in the main streets where you just know there would be people. Whatever is going on for the most part it is unusable now