Pard/Scope Rubber Eye Cup

RyanMc

Hi,

Having some issues keeping the rubber bellow style eye cup on the Pard ocular lens - I have lost it a few times, found 2 out of 3. Does anyone have any methods to prevent it getting pulled off the unit and lost. Wary of superglue as it can 'evaporate' onto the lens as it cures, have has this happen before on a part with glass beside it. 

Open to suggestions, I don't like using it without, feels wrong, additional glare from the unit and I scoped myself firing at a fox, only 223, but it was sore enough to notice (that's when I realised it was missing, other than thinking something wasn't right when raising the rifle). It does help maintain the eye relief.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, RyanMc said:

Hi,

Having some issues keeping the rubber bellow style eye cup on the Pard ocular lens - I have lost it a few times, found 2 out of 3. Does anyone have any methods to prevent it getting pulled off the unit and lost. Wary of superglue as it can 'evaporate' onto the lens as it cures, have has this happen before on a part with glass beside it. 

Open to suggestions, I don't like using it without, feels wrong, additional glare from the unit and I scoped myself firing at a fox, only 223, but it was sore enough to notice (that's when I realised it was missing, other than thinking something wasn't right when raising the rifle). It does help maintain the eye relief.

Thanks.

Have you tried to tie it onto the scope, possibly with some fishing line?

1 minute ago, steve_b_wales said:

Have you tried to tie it onto the scope, possibly with some fishing line?

I had thought about that, my fear was it biting into the race between the adjustable ocular lens and the body. Might have a look and see if there is a lanyard style loop to catch on to.

Thanks Steve_B_Wales

1 minute ago, RyanMc said:

I had thought about that, my fear was it biting into the race between the adjustable ocular lens and the body. Might have a look and see if there is a lanyard style loop to catch on to.

Thanks Steve_B_Wales

How about trying some strong knitting wool. Or, you could try a cable tie.

Edited by steve_b_wales