Ted

Wookie

Well, after all these years, it's at last happened. I am now a dog owner (thanks to PeeJay) and what a little star he is!

We collected him from Peejay this afternoon after I'd done a round of sporting at High Harthay and drove him back to Huntingdon. The little guy slept pretty much the whole way back and, unlike spaniels that I have been told about, didn't make a fuss at all. He seemed quite content to sit on my lap and dribble on my crotch.

When we got him home, we fed him (went in about five seconds and Klair was wondering if he actually breathed during the meal!) and introduced him to his crate. After a bit of sniffing and a few hints (me crawling in with him) he came in and settled down for a bit. Then he went for a bit of an explore whilst I got out of the crate.

He's taken to his hide bone thing (Klair's brilliant idea) like a duck to water and after a serious bit of chewing, he's now settled down for a nap. I'm stunned that he can sleep as it sounds like the battle of Hue outside, but he's not bothered at all. He's not batted an eyelid, not growled, not started.

He's now asleep on my foot an quiet as a mouse. I am really glad I am now a dog owner and I am really looking forward to life with him.

Wookie

p.s. Pictures to follow

Trust me, he's still got the springer madness...

Took him out this morning and he proceeded to go mental round the garden for five minutes. Then, just trotted back up to me and followed me inside.

Vets this afternoon for him though, so looking forward to lots of reproachful looks from him.

Bless him!

The visit to the vets went without a hitch. He didn't squeal or whimper once when he was jabbed and only looked round once when they tagged him. Mind you, he managed to grab a fair wadge of food this morning when I was out, so he's a little bloated right now.

Cue embarrassment... He took a massive no. 2 right outside the vet's and I hadn't brought a bag with me. I had to use a tissue and my hand still smells a bit from it!

He's a little tired right now though and just wants to sleep. I guess the jabs must be getting to him a bit.