The Game Fair

steve_b_wales

Is anyone planning on going to the above game fair at Blenheim Palace 26th-28th July? I'm thinking of going, especially as a BASC member, entry is free. I will more than likely be travelling on my own (car) and will have room for 3 more people. I live in the CF39 area (RCT, Mid Glamorgan) and plan on visiting Saturday 27th.

Hello Steve, it is not far from me this year, i did go to the Blenheim fair a few years ago with a free ticket given by a friend who was doing the Fly Casting Demo , lovely man but he has sadly passed away, if i could get another ticket this year i would go, for me it is only down the A34 and on the A44, going out was via Witney , if you not been before you might start on the M4 come off junction 15 to the A420 picking up the A34 at Botley round about heading onto the A44, i started out at 8 am and traffic was ok

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

39 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello Steve, it is not far from me this year, i did go to the Blenheim fair a few years ago with a free ticket given by a friend who was doing the Fly Casting Demo , lovely man but he has sadly passed away, if i could get another ticket this year i would go, for me it is only down the A34 and on the A44, going out was via Witney , if you not been before you might start on the M4 come off junction 15 to the A420 picking up the A34 at Botley round about heading onto the A44, i started out at 8 am and traffic was ok

I've only been to the game fair/s when they were at the other venue. It's a round trip of approx' 240 mile for me, which is okay. AA Autoroute recommended M4/M5, but not much difference in mileage/time going via your suggestion, which the AA also showed.

5 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

I've only been to the game fair/s when they were at the other venue. It's a round trip of approx' 240 mile for me, which is okay. AA Autoroute recommended M4/M5, but not much difference in mileage/time going via your suggestion, which the AA also showed.

Hello Steve, do they have a map of entrance locations, ?? it is only 30/40 minutes from me via A34

Just now, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello Steve, do they have a map of entrance locations, ?? it is only 30/40 minutes from me via A34 , Treat your selves to a Hotel 👍😁

2 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

I can't see anything on the game fair page. Maybe later on they will publish this.

Hello, Ok , there should be more than one entrance in,  i am sure there were 3 last time , M4 M5 would be via Gloucestershire, see when they show on web site , M4, A 420 to A34 is more of a straight route, cheers

I have been to the Game Fair at Blenheim several times - and a warning that the traffic can be dreadful.  I have always tried to get there very early (I come across the Cotswolds and through Stow on the Wold and Chipping Norton).  Although around 35 miles, it should be around an hour's drive for me as it's not a fast road anywhere.

Some years I have had no trouble - and other years it has been bad.  One year, I arrived early and got in fine, but some friends I was meeting for lunch came the same way but maybe an hour later and had a massive queue and delay.

My message to would be to arrive early and I take a Thermos and a sandwich to have in the car park on arrival (eating at the fair is notoriously expensive).  Usually have a pleasant 'chin wag' with other like minded early arrivals.

49 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I have been to the Game Fair at Blenheim several times - and a warning that the traffic can be dreadful.  I have always tried to get there very early (I come across the Cotswolds and through Stow on the Wold and Chipping Norton).  Although around 35 miles, it should be around an hour's drive for me as it's not a fast road anywhere.

Some years I have had no trouble - and other years it has been bad.  One year, I arrived early and got in fine, but some friends I was meeting for lunch came the same way but maybe an hour later and had a massive queue and delay.

My message to would be to arrive early and I take a Thermos and a sandwich to have in the car park on arrival (eating at the fair is notoriously expensive).  Usually have a pleasant 'chin wag' with other like minded early arrivals.

:good:

On 28/02/2024 at 18:37, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, i just remembered there is a secret way in to the Blenheim Estate so i might try that, 🤔😅

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Have you started to re-commission that old tunnel?

Hello, it is flooded at the moment with all this rain, 🤔🙄😄, thinking about it i am not sure if it is viable as the Duke tried to stop people getting in Blenheim free !!!!

• 4 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

I've got my free BASC entry ticket and a mate of mine is coming with me to the show. We are looking forward to it, not so much for what we will purchase, but to hvae a look at  some of the things we can't afford!

Living the DREAM, eh?

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

Indeed I am. Unless something drastic happens between now and when I go. My mate is coming up with me too, so I'll have company. 

Hello, ok, that sounds good, i will see about going myself but will see nearer the time in July