Rizzini RB550

I've had one three years and like it very much. The feel, fit and handling work for me and I like the weight (7lb rings a bell). Traditional s/s are a bit lively and we all know about an 8lb o/u on a long day. 

I got one because I like s/s very much, but shoot much better with an o/u and the BR550 (not RB!) is a s/s that feels more like an o/u. I chose the pistol grip and beaver tail forend. 

It's nicely screwed together and well finished, but no better than other guns at the money. The woodwork is reasonably figured, but not brilliant. Better than most Berettas anyway. 

My view is if you think it will suit you, get one but don't expect your shooting to be transformed. There's also Chapuis, Beretta Parallelo and I think FAIR do one. I had a play with a Chapuis and it's probably nicer than mine, but more expensive. The Beretta looks nice, but I didn't think it worth the extra money.

I didn't do the factory visit, but only because that wouldn't have been popular with the boss. 

I hope that's helpful.

1 hour ago, Townie said:

I've had one three years and like it very much. The feel, fit and handling work for me and I like the weight (7lb rings a bell). Traditional s/s are a bit lively and we all know about an 8lb o/u on a long day. 

I got one because I like s/s very much, but shoot much better with an o/u and the BR550 (not RB!) is a s/s that feels more like an o/u. I chose the pistol grip and beaver tail forend. 

If you chose a SxS which feels more like an O/U then you really don’t like SxS that much.

4 hours ago, London Best said:

If you chose a SxS which feels more like an O/U then you really don’t like SxS that much.

Yes, that's a fair point that troubled me for longer than it should have done.

After 50 odd years of trying Aramberri, AYA (2, 3 and 4), Webley and Scott, Birmingham trade guns, Ugartechea and some I've probably forgotten and never really getting on with any of them, I thought a compromise was better than continued bashing head against brick wall. But I do still get a bit misty-eyed at a proper London gun.

52 minutes ago, Townie said:

Yes, that's a fair point that troubled me for longer than it should have done.

After 50 odd years of trying Aramberri, AYA (2, 3 and 4), Webley and Scott, Birmingham trade guns, Ugartechea and some I've probably forgotten and never really getting on with any of them, I thought a compromise was better than continued bashing head against brick wall. But I do still get a bit misty-eyed at a proper London gun.

A fair test you have given them, then. I always feel a bit sad when people want a SxS and, like yourself, want it to feel like an O/U.
I have used SxS guns for over sixty years. Yes, I have tried, and used successfully, O/U guns, but I would never want to own one. To me, and this is just my opinion, they all feel clumsy. A bit like dancing with a pregnant woman. (This is from a man who as a dancer is a good prop forward!) I don’t like the extra depth of an O/U and mostly, with very few exceptions think they are ugly.  Almost all are too heavy for bore, which is perhaps why the standard game gun used to be a 12 weighing six to six and a half pounds and firing one to one and one eighth ounces and has commonly been replaced by a 20 weighing the same and firing the same charge. 
None of this matters. Enjoy your (pseudo) SxS and good luck with it.