Devon and cornwall grant

So after 2.5 years of waiting to hear anything about my shotgun grant they have now been in touch with my referee. What are the next steps after this?

It's been hard work as my address changed and I was told to email the change to which I got no reply to confirm this had been done then found out they never received or processed my medical so done that again and was again told to email it to which surprise supprise I got no acknowledgement.  Had given up really as didn't know if they had all the stuff they needed or of addresses etc all talleyd up.

I'm hoping now they have contacted my refree that all must line up and their may be light at the end of the tunnel.

18 minutes ago, Genghis said:

I think each force does things in a slightly different order. With Cheshire the referee is contacted last of all, and then the certificate issued a few days after.

I thought that may be the case.

I have heard nothing so assume they will want to do a home visit before issuing a certificate!

On 10/04/2024 at 13:29, old'un said:

2.5 years? I would be banging on the door well before that, a SGC maybe a privilege as they call it but you are paying for a service.

Hi Old`un, I`m not arguing with you here but "They" can call it what "they" like, the fact remains it is your "right" and "they" have to be able to demonstrate "otherwise" and process all applications in a timely manner. 

Edited by sportsbob

59 minutes ago, sportsbob said:

Hi Old`un, I`m not arguing with you here but "They" can call it what "they" like, the fact remains it is your "right" and "they" have to be able to demonstrate "otherwise" and process all applications in a timely manner. 

You are right of course but the police see it differently.

5 minutes ago, wymberley said:

I can tell you how to get your certificate in 6 days plus, perhaps, a couple of extra for the mail. The only proviso is that you have to live in the Eat Devon Parliamentary Constituency.

How's that possible?

3 hours ago, wymberley said:

I can tell you how to get your certificate in 6 days plus, perhaps, a couple of extra for the mail. The only proviso is that you have to live in the Eat Devon Parliamentary Constituency.

I live in east devon so fire away! 

• 1 month later...

2 1/2 years is not just a long wait, it is a complete failure of service, for which Devon and Cornwall need to be held accountable. I would take this to the highest possible level. 

P.S Gun owning being cited as a ‘privilege’ is mere ACPO political posturing. Gun ownership, subject to certain conditions being met, is a basic right. 

32 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Well finally had the call for a home visit next week. Hopefully their will be light at the end of the tunnel!

Dan, Roughly speaking whereabouts are you in East Devon - PM if you'd prefer - and I'll get back to you - no problem if you'd rather not tell me.

• 3 weeks later...

Well certificate dropped through the door yesterday. Was told it would be 4-6 weeks after home visit and it's been 2, if only they could of been this efficient over the last 3 or so years.

Got their in the end though!