BSA 12G SxS Shotgun?

CoventryWire

Tsk! That's why I hate their Sealed Bid! You never know quite where from £x to £xxx to pitch your punt.

Now OTOH if you want a 30" barrel, SBS, long pistol grip stock non-ejector I do have one here in Leicester near J21A of the M1 just above the M1/M69 interchange. It has a long stock to a Silver's recoil pad although that could be taken off and it'd still have a 14 3/4" (or so) all wood stock.

Here it is. It can even be tried, Tuesday to Friday at Normanton Gun Club just off the A47 at Thurlaston near Earl Shilton. All jet black action and metalwork. Bores good. Proper Anson rod forend unlike the BSA which is, on some, a Hackett type snap on thing. As with the BSA this is 65mm chambers.

Belg1.jpg

Edited by enfieldspares

11 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Tsk! That's why I hate their Sealed Bid! You never know quite where from £x to £xxx to pitch your punt.

Now OTOH if you want a 30" barrel, SBS, long pistol grip stock non-ejector I do have one here in Leicester near J21A of the M1 just above the M1/M69 interchange. It has a long stock to a Silver's recoil pad although that could be taken off and it'd still have a 14 3/4" (or so) all wood stock.

Exactly! I was £2 under the winning bid but I'd have happily gone for more if I knew!!

Is this a BSA or something else? I was really after a BSA since I'm not allowed one of there bikes!!!

2 minutes ago, CoventryWire said:

Exactly! I was £2 under the winning bid but I'd have happily gone for more if I knew!!

Is this a BSA or something else? I was really after a BSA since I'm not allowed one of there bikes!!!

Tis a Belgian. No maker's name. Dates from in between the two World Wars. It was my "wet weather" gun in that if the weather looked wet it was the one I'd go to. Now I have an AYA Yeoman Ejector so it hasn't been used save the first day of last season. That's really a damn and blast £2 under the bid. Southam's is better in some respects as their online sale is live and you can go that extra £5. 

Edited by enfieldspares

3 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

Tis a Belgian. No maker's name. Dates from in between the two World Wars. It was my "wet weather" gun in that if the weather looked wet it was the one I'd go to. Now I have an AYA Yeoman Ejector so it hasn't been used save the first day of last season. That's really a damn and blast £2 under the bid. Southam's is better in some respects as their online sale is live and you can go that extra £5. 

Such a shame, that's a lovely gun and exactly the spec I was after......and your local! I would have snapped your hand off it was a BSA!

Belgian alas. But it's cheap if you want it at £85 and I'll pay for you to try it over twenty-four birds at Normanton Shooting Ground. If you have it I'll pay for the birds, If you try and not buy you pay for the birds you've shot up to when you decided not to have it. The main benefit though is the stock length which with the pad is some 15 5/8" to centre as I am 6' 4" tall. Take the pad off and replace it with a simple plate and it comes down to about 14 3/4". The BSA guns if you're lucky will be 14 1/2" maximum. The ex RAF guns are nice. Ejectors, 28" barrels, and all with a W prefix serial number and about half choke in each barrel but very low in the stock.

5 hours ago, CoventryWire said:

Love it..

On 20/04/2024 at 18:01, CoventryWire said:

Would you believe it I handed in a B S A ejector, 30 inch barrels with a pistol grip only a week or so ago at the local police station , it was a sound gun but needed a spring in the back trigger , I did put the f o c offer on the forum a few months back and no one wanted it , to late now but you could have had for nothing .  MM

8 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Would you believe it I handed in a B S A ejector, 30 inch barrels with a pistol grip only a week or so ago at the local police station , it was a sound gun but needed a spring in the back trigger , I did put the f o c offer on the forum a few months back and no one wanted it , to late now but you could have had for nothing .  MM

Agh damn! I wish I'd sent your post!! I'd have snapped that up from you!! Just my luck need to keep looking then.....

4 minutes ago, CoventryWire said:

Agh damn! I wish I'd sent your post!! I'd have snapped that up from you!! Just my luck need to keep looking then.....

What a shame , it didn't deserve the melting pot but it's always the same , you have it ages and as soon as it go you find a person who is looking for one :no:

21 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

Belgian alas. But it's cheap if you want it at £85 and I'll pay for you to try it over twenty-four birds at Normanton Shooting Ground. If you have it I'll pay for the birds, If you try and not buy you pay for the birds you've shot up to when you decided not to have it. The main benefit though is the stock length which with the pad is some 15 5/8" to centre as I am 6' 4" tall. Take the pad off and replace it with a simple plate and it comes down to about 14 3/4". The BSA guns if you're lucky will be 14 1/2" maximum. The ex RAF guns are nice. Ejectors, 28" barrels, and all with a W prefix serial number and about half choke in each barrel but very low in the stock.

Very interesting, the one I have is a lovely gun, and has a W prefix, I did not know  this was an ex RAF gun, the fact I collect WW2 militaria, makes this special. 

1 hour ago, moongeese said:

Very interesting, the one I have is a lovely gun, and has a W prefix, I did not know  this was an ex RAF gun, the fact I collect WW2 militaria, makes this special. 

There are various videos on the internet under Pathe about training RAF Air Gunners with shotguns.

And some American ones with the actor who, later would play Penguin in the 1960s Batman television series, Burgess Meredith. And President Ronald Reagan!

This below is from the topmost video.

RAF.jpg

Edited by enfieldspares