Mobility Scooter

Mable

Good condition for its 10 years old plus.

Has small headlight and rear lights. Horn, reversing bleeper and charge indicator. Adjustable steering column and adjustable swivel seat,  has arm rests also adjustable. Pump up type tyres, not solid.

Needs two new batteries. Small 12v ones, like magnet batts. Type of batt shown in last picture, currently on charge but having been sat unused for 18 months I hold out little hope.

Very heavy to lift, which is it's one drawback.

Runs well, range depends on batteries. Supposed to do 8mph, but you'd need to be brave.

£100

South Yorkshire 

17143087628085869703448973459993.jpg

17143087891178437230087949456023.jpg

17143089264292280706067953318902.jpg

13 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, i think there is a Wanted Ad on here🤔

Thanks, I replied to it. That's why I advertised it. I've ordered a new lightweight one for the better 1/2.

£2100, makes your eyes water and they only have a 12 month warranty. 

27 minutes ago, old'un said:

Blimey, that's the second one today.

Take a look at what they cost new compared to second hand, you loose about 90% in the first year.

Cost of new is outrageous considering it's the only way some people can get around.

18 minutes ago, Mable said:

Take a look at what they cost new compared to second hand, you loose about 90% in the first year.

Cost of new is outrageous considering it's the only way some people can get around.

Same as stairlifts. My mother in law had one fitted, used it a few times before going into care home. Company who fitted it for around  £1500 less than 3 months ago offered £150 for it.

1 minute ago, Rem260 said:

Same as stairlifts. My mother in law had one fitted, used it a few times before going into care home. Company who fitted it for around  £1500 less than 3 months ago offered £150 for it.

We had to have a bespoke fitted as it goes around a corner so ineffect two lifts, near on £3k. My mate who's a handyman fits straight lifts 2nd hand, he pays an average of £90 to buy them in. The whole disability thing is a huge rip off, crutches, wheelchairs, walkers, beds the lot and some stuff is well below decent quality

1 hour ago, Mable said:

Thanks, I replied to it. That's why I advertised it. I've ordered a new lightweight one for the better 1/2.

Hello, OK, Good luck with the new Scooter, Yes these are expensive but i am sure it will be worth it for your wife 👍

3 hours ago, Mable said:

Don't let a dealer fob you off with the old 12 month warranty rubbish, As long as you have done nothing to damage the scooter then the law says you are protected for up to 5 years via the Consumer Rights Act 2015. I wish more people would take the time to read the CRA, you will be surprised at how much protection the law gives you (not a criticism of you Mabel, just a general comment)

2 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Don't let a dealer fob you off with the old 12 month warranty rubbish, As long as you have done nothing to damage the scooter then the law says you are protected for up to 5 years via the Consumer Rights Act 2015. I wish more people would take the time to read the CRA, you will be surprised at how much protection the law gives you (not a criticism of you Mabel, just a general comment)

No offence taken, especially as I'm guilty of not reading the small print. I will look at this as I thought it was tight for the price as its more than 3 times the price I paid for my first ever new car🙄

3 minutes ago, Mable said:

No offence taken, especially as I'm guilty of not reading the small print. I will look at this as I thought it was tight for the price as its more than 3 times the price I paid for my first ever new car🙄

You can give yourself more protection by buying things with a credit card - anything over £100 from memory and, should things go boobs up, your credit card company is equally liable for any problems, you do not need to get into debt, put it on the credit card (or even just a deposit) then pay the card off as soon as possible. Anything goes wrong and the dealer messes you around and go do a "section 75" claim against the card company and they will deal with your seller whilst refunding you.

2 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

You can give yourself more protection by buying things with a credit card - anything over £100 from memory and, should things go boobs up, your credit card company is equally liable for any problems, you do not need to get into debt, put it on the credit card (or even just a deposit) then pay the card off as soon as possible. Anything goes wrong and the dealer messes you around and go do a "section 75" claim against the card company and they will deal with your seller whilst refunding you.

Yes indeed, over £100 and you get another level of protection.

20 hours ago, Mable said:

We had to have a bespoke fitted as it goes around a corner so ineffect two lifts, near on £3k. My mate who's a handyman fits straight lifts 2nd hand, he pays an average of £90 to buy them in. The whole disability thing is a huge rip off, crutches, wheelchairs, walkers, beds the lot and some stuff is well below decent quality

Yes she also had a sofa and chair. Paid around £3000 and only got around £250 after it only being sat on a couple of times. Less than a year old.

On 28/04/2024 at 14:02, Mable said:

Good condition for its 10 years old plus.

Has small headlight and rear lights. Horn, reversing bleeper and charge indicator. Adjustable steering column and adjustable swivel seat,  has arm rests also adjustable. Pump up type tyres, not solid.

Needs two new batteries. Small 12v ones, like magnet batts. Type of batt shown in last picture, currently on charge but having been sat unused for 18 months I hold out little hope.

Very heavy to lift, which is it's one drawback.

Runs well, range depends on batteries. Supposed to do 8mph, but you'd need to be brave.

£100

South Yorkshire 

17143087628085869703448973459993.jpg

17143087891178437230087949456023.jpg

17143089264292280706067953318902.jpg

Still for sale. New one arrives Tuesday.

£50 to clear.