Bioammo composting 2yrs on.

can somone please start a  thread thats dedicated to the going backwards and forwards "ill answer your question when you answer mine" please.  its going absolutely nowhere and this is the 3rd or 4th interesting topic derailed.

its spam at this point and its against the forum rules

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terry2016 - I am unclear as to why you answer in the same way as Conor O'Gorman. What was the rationale / scientific reasoning behind the bombshell announcement? No concern for the habitat, no concern for small bore shooters, no concern for clay shooters, no concern for the "wee chicks" which is one of Conor's heart string arguments. It boils down to trying to justify the commercial killing of game birds, reared only to be shot. Conor dresses this up with talk of the expanding market for game shot with steel, as if business has suddenly started booming. I think that the public are not concerned with lead or steel shot being used to kill large numbers of game birds. They are more concerned with sheer numbers killed.

If the voluntary transition to steel makes Chris Packham and Wild Justice change their views, I will admit that BASC were right. Meanwhile, I will just plait some more sawdust.

You too constantly refer people to the BASC website, which is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

2 hours ago, Terry2016 said:

We now have 140 + types of suitable sustainable cartridges in several gauges on the market for people to use, that alone is a huge step forwards.

https://basc.org.uk/ammunition/

See Sustainability shotgun ammunition  download 

Terry you have not really got 140 + types of sustainable cartridges that the majority of us can afford, remove all the bismuth, zinc alloy and tungsten cartridges and then see how many you have then look at how many of the remainder are actually on the shop shelves to buy.  For example when did do you last see any of the Jocker cartridges for sale?

Quick count you have 75 steel cartridges and some of them are questionable like the vouzelaud which may not be a biodegradable wad if even still available, like the others which are also unlikely to be available to buy. Really only the Jocker in steel shot with its cellulose cardboard wad cup is proper biodegradable in the countryside.

Edited by rbrowning2

1 hour ago, Terry2016 said:

think what you are after is the reasons / evidence that allowed the decisions by all of the shooting organisations to be made, if so this is extremely well documented, from evidence to perception

Could you quote the figures used as evidence to justify the complete cessation of the use of lead shot inland, is it still BASC's policy to fight any further restrictions on the use of lead shot inland and is it plausible to agree that the use of lead shot inland should cease and also campaign to oppose any further restrictions on the use of lead shot inland? 

This was a thread about bio degradable cartridges, not another BASC bashing thread.

its run it’s course.

Better things to with my time.

It’s getting like Groundhog Day in here. 😵💫

:shaun: