Small 4x4 sought

bishop

2 hours ago, London Best said:

Sorry pal, but in the 4x4 world £3k is virtually a scrapper. 
You get what you pay for.

I remember some individual saying the same sort of thing when i was after a decent  26 foot yacht a few years back. I bought a hunter Horizon for 3k from kip marina had it shipped over to Dysart in Fife   and i flogged it for 6.5k to a lad in Tayport  6 months later .Im quite sure something will turn up that ticks the boxes .

On 18/05/2024 at 14:43, London Best said:

Sorry pal, but in the 4x4 world £3k is virtually a scrapper. 
You get what you pay for.

I dropped onto a 1.8 manual 2001 Pinin with 71k miles that a farmers boys had burnt out the clutch trying to get out of mud while learning to drive in his fields, its been SORN for about two years so not currently MOT'D. Almost all Pinins have welded up MOT history structural corrosion category (6.1 ~~) fails or advisories but this one has had NONE and none needed for an MOT which I'll be getting done in about a week. There have been no welding repairs. It can't have been used on salted roads because the inner sills are still in excellent condition, as are the inner wings, strut tops, front crossmember and radiator carrier lugs - which nearly all rust away. It'll live to be a classic with the right owner and is easily a forecourt car.

I want to get the bonnet sprayed the right shade of blue because I used grey primer instead of dark grey or black primer- I'm being very picky about that but, it was in a bad state with tarmac spots and chips so needed doing and I still have the paintcode blue and lacquer.  It has the 2/4 WD, hi/lo and difflock Superselect working as it should.

I got the clutch done, changed a seized rear caliper and slider pin on a front when changing the pads all round. I've repaired minor learner dinks in the the bumpers and couple of tiny panel dinks, replaced a rear lamp cluster, cleared up the headlamps and 2k lacquered them, new wiper blades & resprayed the arms, C02 sensor & flexi pipe and air filter about complete the work I've done to get it to a forecourt condition. It'll have the alloys from my other one that I basecoat and lacquer refurbed. Ready in about 10 days ish or sooner if you aren't worried about the tiny bonnet colour mismatch - weather permitting for back garden spraying. :-)

It will go on facebook marketplace at £3K. A bit too far from Fife I think.

Pin.JPG

Primed.JPG

Edited by Dave-G

34 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

I dropped onto a 1.8 manual 2001 Pinin with 71k miles that a farmers boys had burnt out the clutch trying to get out of mud while learning to drive in his fields, its been SORN for about two years so not currently MOT'D. Almost all Pinins have welded up MOT history structural corrosion category (6.1 ~~) fails or advisories but this one has had NONE and none needed for an MOT which I'll be getting done in about a week. There have been no welding repairs. It can't have been used on salted roads because the inner sills are still in excellent condition, as are the inner wings, strut tops, front crossmember and radiator carrier lugs - which nearly all rust away. It'll live to be a classic with the right owner and is easily a forecourt car.

I want to get the bonnet sprayed the right shade of blue because I used grey primer instead of dark grey or black primer- I'm being very picky about that but, it was in a bad state with tarmac spots and chips so needed doing and I still have the paintcode blue and lacquer.

I got the clutch done, changed a seized rear caliper and slider pin on a front when changing the pads all round. I've repaired minor learner dinks in the the bumpers and couple of tiny panel dinks, replaced a rear lamp cluster, cleared up the headlamps and 2k lacquered them, new wiper blades & resprayed the arms, C02 sensor & flexi pipe and air filter about complete the work I've done to get it to a forecourt condition. It'll have the alloys from my other one that I basecoat and lacquer refurbed. Ready in about 10 days ish or sooner if you aren't worried about the tiny bonnet colour mismatch - weather permitting for back garden spraying. 🙂

It will go on facebook marketplace at £3K. A bit too far from Fife I think.

Pin.JPG

Primed.JPG

Not knocking your motor, Dave, it looks nice enough. 
But, to be fair, at garage prices you have probably done about £2k worth of work to it to bring it up to a saleable standard and be fit to be on the road.

37 minutes ago, London Best said:

Not knocking your motor, Dave, it looks nice enough. 
But, to be fair, at garage prices you have probably done about £2k worth of work to it to bring it up to a saleable standard and be fit to be on the road.

Easily over 2K of work if it were garage prices. :good:If the chassis had any welding I'd not have prepared it to forecourt standards, although most of the dealer ones I've found at 4K + prices have all had welding done. I forgot to mention it has the 2/4 WD, hi/lo and difflock Superselect working as it should so I'l go back and edit that in.