posting air rifles and the law.

holloway

Can anyone remind me of the law with posting air rifles in England ,i have it in my mind that its ok with Parcelforce 48 to an over 18 ? but a gun rfd shop would have to post to another gunshop rfd does that sound about right ?

40 minutes ago, scarecrow243 said:

gun shop to gun shop if buying from a shop   private buying or selling postage by parcel force express 48 only  insurance only £150  any other posting they can scrap it

Thankyou ,that confirms what i thought.  

On 04/06/2024 at 23:21, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, What about special delivery with the Royal Mail and you can insure higher value than £150

no against the rules of royal mail no air rifles are allowed  they must go by parcel force express 48 no other way

Sent an air rifle to other day by Parcel Force 48 and arrived the next day but..... missus had to argue the toss with staff at the post office to the extent that they got out the rule book. Still agued that they couldn't send it until she pointed out the relevant exception. So, be prepared to argue and stand your ground!

1 hour ago, scarecrow243 said:

if you have never posted an air rifle at your post office    look up the rules and keep a copy or pic of the rules on your phone that way they cannot argue with you

Exactly this ,i always have a screenshot on my phone as you sometimes get a different member of staff, as mentioned only £150 insurance coverage and enhanced cover wasn't mentioned ,i sent one last week and it arrived safely in the 48 days but. make sure its very well wrapped and protected.