H&N .25 FTT Pellets

wymberley

24 minutes ago, scarecrow243 said:

some times weighing pellets in grains will give a lot of different weights try weighing them in grams most tins have both weights on them

Which is why having weighed a couple individually I then weighed 20 and took an average. There is a similarity between weighing on a set of scales calibrated in grams and a set in grains as there is between measuring (proof) pressure by using the crusher and the transducer systems. :good:

Edited by wymberley

It's interesting to see the weight variance in these parts! A 0.15 gr discrepancy can be noticeable depending on the precision required. It's great that you were able to weigh 20 of them to get a more accurate average.

Even with a small difference like 0.16 gr, precision can be important. Knowing the exact weight can be crucial in certain applications, especially when dealing with very small components.

As mentioned elsewhere, I'm now too old to fiddle so subject to an acceptable level of accuracy with different pellets my power output  will stay on the '21' on the Crown dial which suits the Baracudas should I find any other pellets that take my fancy. I have to confess that I was somewhat surprised at the velocity of the FTTs when I measured them -  coming in at 1037 ft/sec. I'm stuck for a few days now and with no idea of how things might work out from an accuracy point of view. Consequently, could anyone kindly give me an idea of what longer range accuracy these are likely to produce?

MTIA

9 hours ago, wymberley said:

As mentioned elsewhere, I'm now too old to fiddle so subject to an acceptable level of accuracy with different pellets my power output  will stay on the '21' on the Crown dial which suits the Baracudas should I find any other pellets that take my fancy. I have to confess that I was somewhat surprised at the velocity of the FTTs when I measured them -  coming in at 1037 ft/sec. I'm stuck for a few days now and with no idea of how things might work out from an accuracy point of view. Consequently, could anyone kindly give me an idea of what longer range accuracy these are likely to produce?

MTIA

Yeah probably pretty poor accuracy at distance. 

That was my experience  at least. 

King's for me are far better and only 5 grns more .

Thank you, Guys.

I only bought a small sample quantity mainly to see how quick they'd be. Having found out how fast they're going, I'll get some more and find out precisely where they're going.

Having bought a right load of Kings I then discovered the rifle preferred the Baracudas which is why I 've had a look at the FTTs. It'll be interesting to see how they perform as I've compared their performance (excluding accuracy at the moment) with the Jumbos in the .22 which suggests that one rifle may be sufficient although the FTTs do have more unnecessary residual energy for the maximum range that I had in mind but not excessively so. I'm not getting any younger and I know someone who might like the .22. We'll see.

Edited by wymberley