Two Huntsmen Were Fined Today £1700 Each For Illeagal Fox Hunting

marsh man

34 minutes ago, Brambles said:

They've already banned rabbiting with dogs in Scotland, I don't think it will be long until it happens in the rest of the country, then I fear as Cash1 says they'll turn to shooting and fishing. I'm fortunate enough to have ran dogs, followed hounds and participated in a few aspects of other fieldsports in my 60 years on this planet, I'm gutted that my 3 grandsons will not be able to participate in what I have throughly loved.

Pretty much the same with me. 
I only have the one granddaughter, very horsey and well up for riding to hounds. Unfortunately, as she was not born until 2006 she thinks trail hunting is normal. Different World.

21 hours ago, cash1 said:

I'm 75 this year and I've followed fox hounds, beagles, otter hounds, mink hounds, dug badgers and foxes, ratted and rabbited with terriers and ferrets, stalked deer, shot game, shot big bags of woodies and crows (that some could only dream of) wild fowled and punt gunned all over the country, caught big fish pike up to 30lbs, 20lbs salmon big wild brown trout, sea trout and more.

My time is coming to an end and I've been lucky that I caught the end of the good times. There's a wedge getting driven into field sports and some on this site are helping to hammer it in. A few of the comments sadly show a complete lack of understanding and knowledge of hunting. At least with a pack of hounds the death though violent is quick and by nature's rules, nothing gets away with hole in it. Indeed all field sports have a unintentional cruel element, but nature is far far more cruel. 

Once they've totally banned hunting, ratting, and rabbiting etc with dogs they'll concentrate on shooting.

Rant over,

If you want me to quietly fek off I will.

Good post ...we have enough enemies as it is without people who participate in one field sport judging someone in another.

On 21/07/2024 at 11:25, London Best said:

Considering we are on a pigeon shooting forum I cannot believe the number of anti hunting people on here.

Indeed. I marched in support back in the day and was at Parliament Square on the fateful day.

Never followed a pack in my life.

On 21/07/2024 at 11:47, B686 said:

Not really my cup of tea but wouldn’t go against it people that shoot hunt , fish should all back one another strength in numbers and all that. Even though we don’t all agree on some subjects on here we still all have a similar interest. 

The amount of coarse anglers that don't get it, is amazing and dissapointing.

On 21/07/2024 at 12:26, cash1 said:

I'm 75 this year and I've followed fox hounds, beagles, otter hounds, mink hounds, dug badgers and foxes, ratted and rabbited with terriers and ferrets, stalked deer, shot game, shot big bags of woodies and crows (that some could only dream of) wild fowled and punt gunned all over the country, caught big fish pike up to 30lbs, 20lbs salmon big wild brown trout, sea trout and more.

My time is coming to an end and I've been lucky that I caught the end of the good times. There's a wedge getting driven into field sports and some on this site are helping to hammer it in. A few of the comments sadly show a complete lack of understanding and knowledge of hunting. At least with a pack of hounds the death though violent is quick and by nature's rules, nothing gets away with hole in it. Indeed all field sports have a unintentional cruel element, but nature is far far more cruel. 

Once they've totally banned hunting, ratting, and rabbiting etc with dogs they'll concentrate on shooting.

Rant over,

If you want me to quietly fek off I will.

👍

And the amount of carp fishermen that can’t tell the difference between a coot and moorhen . And that have never caught other fish before fishing for carp just go out buy a set up but spend a fortune on a bait boat with gps fishfinder to rival a sea charter boat and think they are the ******** even though the boat has done the work🤣
I am a carp fisherman by the way.

Edited by B686