Petrol Prices, How Do We Get Organised

SWHunter

I think we are all of the same thinking about the price of fuel, we all have had a gutsful, so what are we going to do about it, apathy in Britain will kill us all.

Come on ideas are needed, we the people need to stand up and be counted tell the government we are not taking anymore. How do we organise a legal protest that will make the government think the prices are way too high

The only way to reduce fuel prices is to vote them out, thats the onnly thing that poloticians understand! We need some one to stand for parliment who will reduce the duty on fuel, a party that promised and made a big play on this subject would be voted in without delay! In the USA they are moaning that petrol has reached the dizzy heights of $3.00 PER GALLON.. If they only knew! :good:

So, Who will do it? Don't hold your breath guys, they have the "green taxes" to hide behind now! :/

No point in doing anything, even thou the government is going to put up the tax on fuel by 4p a litre within the next 12 -16 months, the next rise is in March April time by 2p.

If you stop buying fuel the government will take it from somewhere else, so basically its a no win battle.

What you need is to sort out is the middle-east I am not saying that the illegal invasion of Iraq was good, but it all comes down to the USA and Israil.

Yes your right, petrol and diesel were free up until the point that a few scumbags flew planes into buildings in the name of religion.

It has little to do with the middle east and a hell of a lot to do with the fat cats politicians in westminster.

They harp on about gas guzzler 4 x 4's yet they all ride around in Jag's which all presumably run on lemon juice. And the majority of their journeys from Downing St to Houses of Parliament aren't long enough for the engine to warm up enough for the catalyser to work.

Numpties every one of them.

Having been involved in the last fuel demo's . I suggest that you get a few wee wee'd off like minded people together and drive round major intersection roundabouts really slowly . folks can't turn up to work to pay the gov taxes they'll soon listen . Do as our "mates across the English channel do .

all the best yis yp :good:

Whilst I agree we need to do something - the Government pretty much has us over the proverbial (oil) barrel, They know that any not buying fuel days only lasts for a very short time because if we don't buy it or use it in cars, buses, trucks, planes and so on - we end up being unable to afford it due to lack of pay i.e. we cannot get to work! :yes:

We need to think up something much more proactive that encourages the Government to reconsider the whole fuel duty concept - and it will really have to be something awe-inspiring to do that - we all need fuel one way or another and it is the easiest and most consistent purchase for the Government to raise funds with.

Let's face it, if we stop buying fuel for say a week, who get's hurt? The garage owners who sell fuel mainly. They don't get much profit from our tankfuls - the bulk of it goes in taxes. The road hauliers association are the guys (and gals) who can have the biggest impact but they need the everyday man in the street to support them - unlike the last time when all they got after so long was derision from lots of the public waiting on goods to arrive. The efforts they put in to the last attempt left many of them without a business because the little margins they depended on were no longer there for them.

So come on, lets forget about one day stop buying petrol campaigns and see what we can come up with that is more effective. Keep in mind that most of the large petrol companies have diverse products that keep the pennies rolling in and have enough capital to see them easily through a one day stop buying campaign. Their profit margins are just as big if not bigger than the tax take.

Before anyone asks _ I have no idea what we could do to achive this - other than civil unrest - and I am NOT siuggesting that.

Pushkin :lol:

Guest The Outlaw
i work on the main refinery in the country stanlow and no i dont work for shell. profit per GALLON IS ONE PENCE. plese dont blame the oil companies

I blame the oil companies and the high wages they pay their staff :yes::lol:

Tony

Guest The Outlaw

I dont think we can do anything about the cost of fuel.

What the oil companies should be doing is researching into how they can make the fuel they have be more eficiant and less harmful to the enviroment.

Then try to find alternatives to oil based fuels.

The problem has been known about for years how long do they need to come up with the goods, or are they just riding the fuel wave all the way to the bank like the government are.

Tony

prices in the states have recently dropped....$2.30/2.50 per US gal (6.8 pint UK) it not the oil company's it the tax & government...

some one gotta pay for all the scumbags that have /are bleeding our genorosity dry!! & gettin welfare for kids & family they left behind too!!

you cannot win with fuel prices, the less you use the more it increases,

it needs drastic action if your brave enough , If you can muster 1 million people, which sounds alot, but is only 1/80-90

as we have 50 million known of..& must be at least 10/15 UNKNOWN of!! (population of n.zealand -both islands +) & the rest ,mmmmmmm

you could be on a winner with ....(blockages,day strikes,marches)...........YOU GOTTA GET NOTICED

if not, VOTE.......next ellection, & be your local councillor....... :yes:

I agree with Outlaw, the oil companies should be forced to be finding alternatives, not profiteering from the rising crude price!

the oil companies have plenty of alternaives, my step dad has worked for thornton research (shell), or whatever they are called now, for years. they have been using alsorts instead of oil for well over 20 years now.

think about it though, no oil company is going to start using other than oil till its all run out.

plus thye weak dollar is pushing the price of crude up and up