crow n magpie calls

russ91

some shotgun pellets inside of an empty camera film canister is meant to work, I've never tried it though. You can buy crow calls like the Acme ones, never used those either :lol:

Yep but I use .22 pellets in the case, does work on the maggies as does building a fake next with hens eggs in, put a decoys over it and break one of the eggs, you will be suprised how they lose their nervousness when they think a trespasser is going to take a meal :good:

Although I have some crow .wmv's if you want to photograph them :good:

The Acme 'crow' caller is more suitable for jackdaws, owing to it's higher pitch. The best caller on the market for crows, in my opinion, is the Primos Power Crow call, retailing at 10 pounds. I have used this caller successfully many times on crows. I've never made a caller for magpies, but I have a callmaster digital caller ( used for foxes) and the magpie call on that is excellent. When I used it, I took many photo's of the magpies it brought in!