Women are naturally betters shooters than men........

Calamity Jane

Interesting read.................

“The female advantage on finger movement control can be seen when speed is not a factor. Women are better able to bend individual fingers in isolationâ€

In shooting, this translates into trigger control. Here’s something you can try at home. take your hand and hold your fingers straight out. Now try curling only your index finger as you would when you pull a trigger. If you’re lucky, only your index finger will work. If you’re unlucky (like me), your middle, ring, and pinky finger will move just a bit. That tiny movement in those three fingers is part of what separates really good shooters from average shooters. If the rest of hand moves just a tiny bit when you pull the trigger, it’s going to cause your shot to go a bit off. The natural ability to have better fine motor skills is what allows women to be naturally better shooters than men.

yehh i go for that in a sniper ive read/heard something like that and the other 1/2 s fingers don't move at all but mine do slightly !! on the other hand that not gona make a difference on clays me thinks :blink:

gona ask the best shooter @ my ground average 90+ 100 sporting and see if HIS move lol

Interesting read.................

“The female advantage on finger movement control can be seen when speed is not a factor. Women are better able to bend individual fingers in isolationâ€

In shooting, this translates into trigger control. Here’s something you can try at home. take your hand and hold your fingers straight out. Now try curling only your index finger as you would when you pull a trigger. If you’re lucky, only your index finger will work. If you’re unlucky (like me), your middle, ring, and pinky finger will move just a bit. That tiny movement in those three fingers is part of what separates really good shooters from average shooters. If the rest of hand moves just a tiny bit when you pull the trigger, it’s going to cause your shot to go a bit off. The natural ability to have better fine motor skills is what allows women to be naturally better shooters than men.

"Wimmin have better motor skills"

You obviously haven't seen my wife reversing her car at Tesco's :blink: :good: :blink:

Don

mmmmm just thought ,that film enemy at the gates,theone about the russian sniper.that sniper was a female.yes not in the film,but in real life :blink:

:good: , The film was predominantly based on the 'sniper' Vasily Zaytsev who was most definitely a MAN!

Women shoot better than men :blink: , that may be true in some instances but, accurate shooting comes down to a combination of sequenced/coordinated functions not only the finger movement.

Guest The Outlaw

I would say you have just thrown down the gauntlet mate.

Calamity and Jonsey to mention two Lady shooters on here would love to tan your backside I'm sure.

Calamity love doing the boys over especially.

Challenge to be arranged. :blink:

You have to come down here though or lose by default as you are the challenger.

Tony

Lorraine is a better shot than me with her HMR and .223 (and before you say anything Bivvy, better than you as well and marginally better looking). :blink:

Vasily Zaisev was Russian and we all know about Russkis. He could have been a man or a woman, who'd have known unless they got intimate? :good:

Guest The Outlaw

;)

I taught Calam to shoot and now she is at a reasonable standard she finds it hard to take advice from me, even though I "see"

what is wrong.

Thats the problem with husband's and wife 's helping each other out, can lead to the odd tiff sometimes.

I help others as well and dont have half the problem with them retaining advice.

She is so used to me twittering in her ear she does her selective hearing bit on me now so I just let her get on with it.

I think another thread is on its way :lol:

Tony

You can read too much. Everyone has differing opinions it’s just that some people have their opinions printed in magazines. Top shot indeed, I think he’s won one European title in the last 5 years and maybe a club shoot or two. I’m sure he’s a very nice person but he’s not the be all and end all of being a good shot.

Let’s just think about this finger malarkey. Why am I trying to see if my other fingers when outstretched twitch when I make a trigger squeezing action with my forefinger?

When I have the gun in my shoulder and I’m about to pull the trigger my other fingers are cupped round the trigger guard. It really is a ridiculous exercise.

Get her along to see Carl Bloxham or Steve Nutbeam for a lesson or three, now that would be money well spent. ;)

This sounds like the sort of nonsense that Chris Batha would write in Pull magazine, it's absolute rubbish, as all of your other "free" fingers are used to grip the forend, not float around in the air doing nothing.

Having said that, there are now one or two Lady shooters around who can give most of the top shooters a run for their money, Cheryl Hall has done just that this year, she's won a heck of a lot.

I don't think girls of that calibre worry too much about finger movement when they're concentrating on breaking the target.

Cat.

Guest The Outlaw

I am with Jonsey and the Cat on this one.

It sounds like one of my ploys to make sure she doesnt beat me.

"Listen love concentrate on your grip"

Bang Bang !

"Ha Pair lost sorry I meant oopsy pair lost"

Followed by the regulatory Slap from Calam. ;):lol:

Tony