law changes last oct

laf

its all good and well saying that you can only buy a firearm face to face now.

what about crossbows they are a deadly bit of kit with a draw weight of about 160lbs if that hits u well your brown bread i would say but no air rifles are the big threat my ****

rant over

Its not the air rifle thats the problem its the ******** muppet holding the gun thats the problem maybe they should get a lissence and test that u got pass to be able to use 1.

Like that fool that brought his 7yr old daughter a £12,000 quad and let her drive it on the road.

yeah i know its the numpty on the other side of the firearm but whats 2 say they will not just go by a crossbow

what would like to be shot by and i know we all wouldnt like to be shoot but if u had 2 choice

legal limit air rifle at 30 yards or

160 lb draw from a crossbow

i know which i would just hope the numptys out there dont realise what is still on offer to them

u cant do any think about sling shots cuz even people that go fishing use sling shots to fire there ground bait out into the lake.

Bait catapult: £1

Barnett powerband: £5

Blister of 150 .38 steel BBs: £15

The look on that pigeon's face when it eats iron fired from 70 yards away: ' PRICELESS!

The best thing about it is, the weapon and the missile are both practically silent. And they disappear into the pocket.

Bait catapult: £1

Barnett powerband: £5

Blister of 150 .38 steel BBs: £15

The look on that pigeon's face when it eats iron fired from 70 yards away: ' PRICELESS!

The best thing about it is, the weapon and the missile are both practically silent. And they disappear into the pocket.

???

the point is though that a crossbow is still a firearm i think it should be brought in to line like airrifles

A crossbow is not a firearm. :lol:

Therefore they are not regulated under firearm laws. :lol:

So sod off, we don't need more crappy laws from our crappy government. :good:

All firearm law relates specifically to "any lethal barrelled weapon", therefore crossbows can't be legislated by the firearms laws. So either they change the definition of a firearm, which I don't particularly trust them to do, or bring in a whole new law for crossbows(and while they're at it, how about knives...). It's all the thin end of the wedge really.

As an aside, harpoon guns aren't covered by firearms law either since it specifically excludes any device designed to be used underwater. Those things can be pretty lethal too.

Oh, and to rapid bunny, that is part of the violent crime reduction bill passed in cotober. The same bill that banned replica weapons. All firearms, including air weapons have to be sold by a registered firearm dealer, and must be collected in person.

Edited by hkrobin

Oh, and to rapid bunny, that is part of the violent crime reduction bill passed in cotober. The same bill that banned replica weapons. All firearms, including air weapons have to be sold by a registered firearm dealer, and must be collected in person.

Unless it is a private sale, in which case you can buy mail order.

I think that law only applies to RFD's. In other words, RFD 's can only sell now in person. That does not mean however, that every one must go to an RFD.

Laf, it is not a legal requirement to have to BUY "face to face"

Edited by rabid bunny

so its ok for a 14 year old scum bag to buy one off the internet and shoot a member of your family is it

i didnt think so

Since the crossbows act 1987 you had to be 17 to buy a crossbow. The VCR raised that to 18 last october. Even internet sellers/mail order routinely verify through electoral roll and will usually ask for additional proof of age if needed before shipping the crossbow. So mail order/internet sales are not more likely to be abused than going into your local RFD and buying one.

All the VCR act has done is raise the price of Airgun equipment by forcing retailers to have a physical shop and deliver through the RFD network by bonded courier instead of normal courier. It wont stop airgun misuse as only legit users will follow this. The police and CPS need to use existing law to come down hard on those who misuse airguns, not restrict the liberty of the law abiding.

mr_colt.

Personally I think anything that fires a projectile with enough force to do any damage to animal or human being should be under strict control. It might sound like a lot of hassle with licenses and permits in force etc but at least you would know that anyone with a device that can fire a projectile would more often than not use it with due care and attention. After all some muppet isn't going to go through all the hassle of getting a license or a permit for a weapon then use it illegally and have it confiscated.

I think the punishment of misuse of weapons should be greater to. A catapult has just as much capability to kill as a F.A.C. rifle, it just takes hitting the right area and someone ends up dead. People maliciously using weapons that fire projectiles should be locked up for no less than five years with no exception to age, unless the person happens so be under the age of 16.

People get away with to much these days, and jail is a luxury at the best of times.

I think we ought to go back to the days when 'hard time' really was hard time.

There rant over, it just gets on my wick knowing about all this stuff that goes on and that people get away with it.

• 4 weeks later...

It is true. We don't want any crappy laws from the government anymore they've messed up enough in our own contry and they've cocked up others as well :good: , or health and safety thanks to health and safety wellingtons come with a 28 page instruction manual :lol::good::lol::lol:

The government have got the wrong idea. Restricting airguns doesn't help, put away the people that misuse them and concentrate on the ******* Mach 10 Uzis coming in from abroad and semi-auto handguns. Stop the problem at the source of the problems, the people pulling the trigger and the people ordering the trigger to be pulled. Onece you get the ********* locked up that shoot people in the street and batter pensioners then the country is half sorted. Then get someone decent in government and get rid or the restrictions and voila! The country is back to rights

I agree.. we have enough laws to cover misuse of weapons already! I'd like to see more effort going into catching the numpties that shoot todlers with air rifles and judges lock them up and throw away the key. It's these idiots that spoil things for the rest of us. As for more laws.. where does it end.. shall we ban hammers, pens and all sharp objects.. all can be very lethal in the wrong hands :o