how to fix gun safe

maks2408

Can i fix it to the wall only?

Thanks

the cabinet will have holes in the back.

You then need to find a secluded area in your home and bolt the cabitnet to a structural wall

I did mine with 6 inch raw bolts..........

the FAO will check how secure it is by swinging off it when he comes to inspect!!!!! :rolleyes:

technical stuff ay?<_<

If to the wall only get it on or close to the floor, they prefer that so you can't get something under it to lever it. Never heard of anyone getting told to move one when this wasn't the case, though.

Bolts, get down B&Q and buy some decent m10 fixings and get right into the brick, you won't have any problems then :rolleyes:

You need toi find out if the wall your fixing the cabinet to is Brick or Breezeblock.

For Brick go with the rawl bolts as described above

If it's breezeblock they prefer you to use Resin Fixings. There are a few different types you can use. One is a tube that you apply using a sealant gun. Squirt the resin into the holes you drill and insert the studs into the resin and wait for it to cure.

Other types are capsules you place into the hole followed by the stud which you give a clout with a hammer breaking the capsule and again leave to cure

Then just mount the cabinet over the studs and use the nuts to secure to the wall.

Personally if the floor is wood I would also use Coach bolts to bolt the base to the floor also just be sure there are no cables in the walls or pipes under the floor before starting.

Oh and IF you have a door with hinges on the right then mount as close to a left side wall as possible to reduce the risk of leverage being used on the locks.

Edited by Lord Geordie