BADMAD SPRINGER

gav

WHILST ON THE EVE OF POSTING ABOUT MAD SPRINGERS

1 OF MINE IS 15 MTHS OLD ANDI COCKED UP I SOLD HER AS A PET BUT THEY RETURNED HER SHE HAD NO TRAINING FOR THE 9 MTHS THEY HAD HER JUST SHUT IN A KITCHEN

SHE NOW GRABS LUMPS OF **** IE FUR STRAW ETC AND RUNS AROUND ALL DAY WITH IT ! IN HER GOB JUST GRABBING MORE SHE ALSO DOES THIS WITH SHADOWS.

SHE IS SLOWLY BECOMING INTERESTED IN DUMMYS AFTER WATCHING HER LITTER SISTER AND MUM .

MORE EXERCISE ISNT THE ANSWER AS SHE CAN BE OUT FOR 8 HRS RUNNING AROUND AND STILL COME HOME AND DO IT !

THE ONLY TIME SHE DIDNT DO IT WAS BEFORE XMAS WHEN THEY WENT INTO KENNELLS FOR A FEW DAYS < THE KENNELLS ARE SPOTLESS>

ANY IDEAS ?

THEY ADMITTED THEY BEAT HER IF SHE ****** EVERYWHERE

I REKON SHE IS MENTALLY DAMAGED .

attachment=14435:mobby_013.jpg]

post-7966-1200008374.jpg

post-7966-1200008529.jpg

When you say " you cocked up" what do you mean...did you mean cocked up with the training?.....or cocked up off loading it as a pet???.

If you meant the first then, you need asome solid advice on this aspect, there is plenty of that on here :lol:

cocked up selling as a pet !

she will retrieve a dummy unless its windy then she will chase leaves as well with the dummy in her gob

Chasing leaves just sounds like a puppy thing - our cocker has had some sport chasing them, admittedly not when dummy training.

I think she's gone a bit stir crazy with her previous owners but I don't think she will be damaged. Get cracked on with training as she obviously loves to carry in her mouth so the instincts are good.

If you're saying that there are house training problems too you might have to treat her like a younger dog and train her toilet behaviour from scratch.

Chasing leaves just sounds like a puppy thing - our cocker has had some sport chasing them, admittedly not when dummy training.

I think she's gone a bit stir crazy with her previous owners but I don't think she will be damaged. Get cracked on with training as she obviously loves to carry in her mouth so the instincts are good.

If you're saying that there are house training problems too you might have to treat her like a younger dog and train her toilet behaviour from scratch.

house training is **** but all my 9 live in a utility room with a 2 ft hole cut out of the back door

drafty but no **** :lol:

SHE HAD NO TRAINING FOR THE 9 MTHS THEY HAD HER JUST SHUT IN A KITCHEN

SHE IS SLOWLY BECOMING INTERESTED IN DUMMYS AFTER WATCHING HER LITTER SISTER AND MUM .

THEY ADMITTED THEY BEAT HER IF SHE ****** EVERYWHERE

The clues are all there.

She is enjoying a stress free environment, with lots of fun company to play with, its time to be a puppy again.

If I had spent the last 9 months like she has, I think I would be chasing leaves, etc.

She will steady down with some training exercises and it sounds as though she will enjoy the stimulation.

If I had to take a puppy back from someone who admitted they beat her if she wet in the house, I would arrange for them to know what a real beating was.

we had a Jack Russel pup that my mum sold to a couple who were vegetarian, I kept another pup from the same litter and it came back at a year old and looked emaciated compared to mine the ****ers were feeding it a vegetarian diet :lol:

I had a proper go at them as it appauled me and they fortunately put it onto meat and 6 months later, seeing it next to mine and my reaction embarrased the hell out of them. Its now causing trouble in New York and looks so different.

9 crikey, that's a bit of a pack!

As for the pup, her first season might calm her down a bit - often does with spaniels. Our cocker's coming to the end of hers soon so will see how it affects her.

already had her spayed ! thought it mite do her good .

i kept a bitch pup out the litter and she is crackin its amazing to see the difference in the 2 pups

9 crikey, that's a bit of a pack!

As for the pup, her first season might calm her down a bit - often does with spaniels. Our cocker's coming to the end of hers soon so will see how it affects her.

already had her spayed ! thought it mite do her good .

i kept a bitch pup out the litter and she is crackin its amazing to see the difference in the 2 pups

Shows what a bit of neglect can do :lol: . You should get her to come round with a bit of training and she'll settle down with age

i hope so !

they where gona put her in a rescue centre if wouldnt have had her back

i didnt want 9 but i decided i couldnt see her in rescue as at that age with no housetraining recall and habits she would never have been rehomed .

i decided that if she couldnt get on with my others then euthanasia would be better for her as being in a rescue for months at that age would send her more mad. i know others will disagree on that choice .

luckily she gets on fine with them all except my patterdale x decides he wants to occasionally snap at her for no reason < yes he is a **** >